Note: This position is subject to donor approval.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This Purpose of Position will be used in the WVI Careers site, and if applicable, advertisements. Please describe the role in 2-3 concise sentences. Focus on the core of what this role is supposed to achieve. Describe the purpose of this position and how this position contributes to achieving department objectives and the management and performance of others.
World Vision seeks a full-time Programme Officer (PO) (based in Kabul, Afghanistan) for the proposed BHA-funded, multi-sector humanitarian consortium in Afghanistan.
Fostering Resilience in Afghanistan through Multi-Sector Emergency Support (FRAMES) project. The FRAMES (Fostering Resilience in Afghanistan through Multi-Sector Emergency Support) project responds to the needs of displaced populations, returnees, and host communities in Afghanistan’s Northern, Western, Southern, and Central Highlands provinces. The WV Led FRAMES consortium is providing holistic, multi-sectoral interventions to meet the urgent needs of these communities, building on each partner’s strong operational presence, community acceptance, and existing work in these regions.
The PO position will provide support to both WV and consortium partner teams in Kabul and the field offices. Main responsibilities of the PO will include timely and quality donor reporting, information management and communication with WV support office, and donor engagement.
• Coordinate project reporting, implementation, and evaluation with all relevant staff including consortium partners, using the defined processes.
• Coordinate with technical specialists, operations, finance and procurement staff and WV support offices to ensure programming according to donor regulations
• Monitor funding status for each sector of the program to identify possible funding gaps.
• Obtain funding for program’s unfunded sections by identifying potential top up funding and engagement with WV A GAM team.
Programmatic Grants Management
• Prepare monthly, annual and end-of-project narrative reports, newsletters, situational reports and other reports as necessary. Work closely with consortium partners and WV teams to ensure timely and quality reports.
• Link with the operations and finance departments to ensure the compiling/collating of major donor management reports.
• Monitor program’s progress ensuring goals and objectives are achieved and non-financial grant requirements are adhered to.
• Ensure that program implementation is in line with the principles of the Red Cross Code of Conduct, SPHERE standards and relevant WV internal standards and policies.
• Provide program update to key WV support offices and the regional office.
• Support reporting to afghan government line ministries
Partnership & External Relations
• Develop and maintain strong relationships and information sharing with Support Office representatives.
• Participate in joint agency assessments, task-force teams, workshops, clusters, etc.
• Ensure alignment with WV’s established external engagement, GAM, partnering steps, and response strategies.
• Support CoP and PMU with external communication to donor and WV Support office
• Proactively gather information from relevant cluster partners, UN agencies and other organisations which may be of use world vision for informing decisions
• Provide information management services to support population data management activities including population estimation, information flows from established systems, movement tracking, standard-setting/promotion and dissemination.
• Support set of PMU and other consortium related meetings
• Support administrative tasks related to travel, procurement, staffing etc.
• Support in representing the consortium with Afghan government line ministries including MoU processes etc.
• Be aware of the emergency procedures in a fragile context and ensure that necessary preparedness measures have been implemented
• Be familiar with WV security plan
• Follow security policies, rules, procedures and instructions
• Follow WVI policies for project security management
• Represent WV in an appropriate and professional manner
• Contribute to a healthy team spirit and team work
• Adhere to WV Child Protection policy and standards and stay committed to WV vision statement and core values;
• Perform other relevant tasks assigned by the direct supervisor
Minimum education, training and experience requirements to qualify for the position:
• Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Business, Administration, International Development, International Relations or related field.
• Experience in large scale humanitarian emergencies.
• Understanding of project design and proposal writing.
• Good understanding of donor regulations of USAID/BHA.
• Good understanding of World Vision and Sphere relief standards, as well as the Red Cross and NGO Code of Conduct.
• Strong capacity building and facilitation skills.
• Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner.
• Ability to pursue thoroughness and appropriate attention to detail.
• Ability to express self clearly in all forms of writing.
• Ability to describe key aspects and issues of relief, development and advocacy.
• Ability to explain WV’s work in relation to issues of poverty, power, justice and peace.
• Ability to respect and relate appropriately to people of other faiths.
• Ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
• Ability to interpret and present information with influence and impact.
• Self-starter who can work independently under pressure.
• Knowledge of WV’s field operations, either in the relief or development context.
• Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible world view, emotional maturity and physical stamina.
• Ability to manage work – life balance.
• Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment.
• Ability to maintain performance expectations in psychologically stressful environments and physical hardship conditions with limited resources .
• Effective in written and verbal communication in English and Dari.
• Afghan nationality .
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Business, Administration, International Development, International Relations or related field.
• Effective in written and verbal communication in Pashtu.
• Strong presentation skills and donor engagement experience.
The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time.
How to Apply:
The application closing date is 15-May-2021. Please submit your resume and one-page cover letter outlining how you meet the job requirements by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please write on the subject of your Email the Vacancy Number (WVA1090) also avoid sending an attachment of big size (above 1024 KB) if you want your application/CV to be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for written test and interview.
Local candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
را در عنوان ایمیل خود ذکر کنید (WVA1090) لطفا کد اعلان کاری
Applications with insufficient, incomplete and inconsistent information to make a determination will not be considered.
Phone +93 402231174 | Mobile:+93 799 838 452
Please kindly note: As a mitigation measure, and in order to prevent COVID-19 from spreading, during this time we would not be able to receive hard copies of CVs / Applications. We kindly encourage you to apply online.
منحیث یکی از تدابیر پیشگیرانه و برای جلوگیری از انتشار ویروس کرونا، در جریان این مدت، ما نمیتوانیم درخواستی ها و خلص سوانح شما را به شکل چاپی دریافت کنیم. از همه شما خواهشمندیم تا از طریق آنلاین درخواستی خود را برایمان ارسال کنید