The post holder will work under supervision of Basic Education Senior Officer and will be responsible for mobilization of communities, supporting program volunteers to facilitate community based groups, facilitate trainings and support the education team in smooth implementation of Sponsorship program activities.Key Accountabilities
1. Responsible to organize, motivate and mobilize target communities for high quality standard program implementation.
2. Develop and implement all community mobilization activities, and make sure that the community level stakeholders actively participate in the process of project cycles management.
3. Assist Sponsorship program education team in smooth implementation of all planned activities.
4. Conduct regular field visits and monitoring visits from target schools, community based reading camps and child to child groups to ensure quality program delivery is in place.
5. Facilitate trainings and workshops for parents, teachers, students and program volunteers at the field level.
6. Collect necessary program progress data and report the progress on timely manner.
7. Support the M&E officer in conducting base line, midterm review or audit, project-end participatory community assessments and evaluation in project coverage area.
8. work close with Early childhood development and care (ECCD), School Health and Nutrition (SHN) and Adolscence Development (AD) core programs of Sponsorship to ensure Education activities are mainstreamed into all core programs.
9. work with parents of children with disabilities, person with disabilities to ensure Sponsorship program is inclusive for them and encourage their participation in program activities and in community based groups.
10. Deliver the program weekly, monthly and quarterly work plan in high quality standard and provide the work progress report to the GEC –project officers.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
Ensure that the position holder work to the best of his/her ability and demonstrate high levels of commitment to SC Afghanistan in order to ensure the objectives of role and the country programme are met.
Ensure the effective and efficient use of all Save the Children resources in order to keep costs low and ensure safety in the workplace
Comply with the requirements of Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding Policy to ensure maximum protection for children.
Lead, manage and motivate a team, ensuring that they have clear objectives and receive meaningful feedback on their performance.
Other duties as directed.
(Obviously this needs to only include duties that could be reasonably expected to be carried out by someone with the skills, experience and seniority associated with the job in question).
The ideal candidate will have the following education, work experience, skills and qualities:
1.Education: University/Bachelor Degree in Education or social science
2. Work Experience: - Total Work Experience: At least two years of work in similar role or work experience as trainer, social organizer in education or relevant projects.
3. Understanding, reading and writing in local lanaguges
4. Good communication and inter personal relation skills
5. Good working skills on computer (Microsoft Office) is preferred
6. Understanding of Community Development
7. Able to travel inside Afghanistan/Sar-i-pul and related districts, outside of the duty station as and when required
8. Internal Office Teamwork and Flexibility and Problem Solving Skill
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
The candidate should at least have two years of experience working in education field in similar roles or as social organizer, trainer, education staff. And should have strong skills of community mobilization and working with rural communities to ensure all children, especially children with disabilities are enjoying their basic rights
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants are highly encouraged to apply for the position by filling in the online application form. In addition to the online application form, they can also attach their CV and cover letter in the online system. Please note that only the applications received through the online portal will be considered for this position.
Applicants can login to the online application system by copying and pasting the following link intro their web browser. Returning users will need to enter their username and password, first time users will need to create a user account.
It is recommended that you save your username and password for future job applications through the online system.