Psycho-social CounsellorFull Time
She/ He will provide psychosocial support, basic case management support to survivors of gender-based violence through individual counselling follow up support, referrals, and dissemination of information on available GBV services to encourage access to services.
She will in collaboration with the Program Manager oversee provision of individual or group psychosocial support, information sharing sessions and other activities that promote social support networks and cohesion with women and girls at Women safe spaces.
- Provide direct support and care for survivors of gender-based violence, including counselling and basic case management. Case management services will include:
- Assessment sheet needs to be prepared for the psychosocial needs of clients
- Work with supervisor in planning and implementing activities related to psychosocial counseling and services including community education, group counseling sessions, individual counseling sessions.
- Assessment of needs of clients
- Developing an action plan with clients and implementing the plan with clients
- Provide physical accompaniment to GBV survivors if requested to access medical and other services according to their wishes, choices and decisions.
- Conduct direct and regular follow up of GBV survivors through home visits and based on survivors wishes and consent
- Case closure (when appropriate)
- Ensure proper documentation of reported GBV incidences through utilization of GBVIMS case intake, action, follow up and other case management forms appropriately.
- Follow GBV guiding principles of respect, confidentiality, and safety/security and non- discrimination while providing services to women and girls.
- Monitor how the GBV referral pathway is working through making direct follow ups with other organizations that are providing services to survivors.
- Support to conduct and help plan and organize psychosocial/ group support activities with women and adolescent girls to meet the emotional needs of survivors, build support networks among women/girls
to conduct trainings to community-based volunteers on GBV basic concepts, guiding principles, provision of Psychosocial First Aid and the referral mechanisms and pathways for their respective communities.
- Manage cases in line with the SOPs, adhere to standard documentation processes and follow best practice guidance
- Able to lead, train, supervise, facilitate, motivate community focal points
- Technical supervision of psychosocial counseling activity through field visits
- Working in a team and ensure that problems are identified in the initial stages and solved those amicably.
Attending all relevant meetings requested by supervisor relevant to the project goals.
- Acquire statistical and narrative information on the psychosocial counseling and services.
- Prepare monthly reports and submit to supervisor, ensuring correct data is submitted on time.
Assist in other duties requested by the supervisor.
- Prepare monthly reports covering all aspect of psychosocial counseling and services and submit these at the end of each month.
- Coordination: Has the ability coordinate with different stakeholders.
- Problem solving: Provides solutions to problems technically.
- Interpersonal Skills: Has ability to forge good working relationship community leaders, supervisors, GBV Focal Points, and other stakeholders in the community.
- Adaptability: Easily adapts to the work routine, adaptability to live and interact with project staff and counterparts, capacity, and ability to live and / or work in environments where projects are implemented.
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively. Listens to others and shows real commitment as a trusted person to maintaining open communication with the client and team members.
- Teamwork: Committed to working collaboratively with colleagues to achieve project tasks for the team. Willing to learn from others and open to giving and receiving feedback.
- Focus on the Client: Seeks to understand problems from the clients’ point of view, identifies clients’ needs and finds appropriate solutions.
- Flexibility/adaptability: This requires the candidate to have the sufficient capacity to adapt to the work methodology as well as to different work environments (office and field) that the candidate might have later during a mission.
- Proactively: It requires the capacity to take initiative in the development of technical and creative actions which improves results.
How to Apply:
If you have the expertise to take on this exciting opportunity, please apply online by sending your CV and motivation cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before April 11th ,2022. Please clearly Psycho-social Counsellor- 787 in the subject of your email, otherwise your application will not be considered. ActionAid Afghanistan will review the applications on an ongoing basis; thus, applicants are strongly advised to make applications at the earliest.