Surgeon SpecialistFull Time
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as team member in surgery department
- Conduct daily ward rounds for support to MDs, observation, and review of patients.
- Run specialist clinics on a regular basis.
- Regularly monitor patients’ progress and provide documentation.
- Attend to emergency cases when necessary and be on 24 hours call, as per the duty roster.
- Carry out routine and emergency surgical operations and other procedures.
- Ensure complete daily documentation of patient case notes/ files
- Ensure complete discharge, referral, and feedback procedures for patients.
- Counsel patients and relatives on health management.
- Maintain regular contacts with heads of other departments to ensure harmonization of patients ‘management.
- Support the review and development of appropriate policies and procedures for patient’s health care to formulate best practice guidelines based on EPHS.
- Ensure timely availability of required support services in the process of treating patients, particularly when referred to other specialists.
- Liaise with other consultants on handing specialized cases in provision of patients’ health care.
- Prepare timely and accurate medical reports, audits, and mortality reviews; presenting and distributing these reports to appropriate users.
- Ensure medical records activities are effectively implemented any other duties assigned by clinical director or head of surgical team.
- To be committed to reduce the impact on climate and the environment by setting goals for striving net-zero carbon operations
- Carry out any other tasks assigned by project manager, supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS: (MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS)
Graduated from related field, Surgeon Specialist.
Candidate should have at least three years of experience in related field.
Having excellent communication and knowledge in related field and should have good behavior with community.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants who are exactly suitable with above criteria are requested to send their Applications + CVs and clearly mention the job title and vacancy number in the subject line: (BMN-SUR-SPE-001) otherwise their application will not be considered.
Aga Khan Health Service, Afghanistan strives to promote diversity as well as provide an equal employment opportunity to each candidate, regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, language, marital status, origin, political affiliation, religion, sex, or social status'.
Aga khan Health Service- Afghanistan is an equal opportunities employer. Female are encouraged to apply.
AKHS is concerned about the climate and environmental crises we face and is doing everything possible to reduce our own impact, encouraging others to do the same, and advancing understanding in this field. AKHS has set itself the task of getting as close to net-zero carbon operations as possible by 2030. We expect all staff to contribute to achieving these aims in the context of their roles. We encourage applicants with previous experience or an interest in this field to apply