Project ManagerFull Time
Under the direct supervision of Country Program Manager, the Project Manager will be responsible for the overall and day to day activities of project carried out in five provinces southern region. The incumbent might be assigned to any of the southern provinces; hence he/she must not have a difficulty in traveling to the provinces.
Duties & Responsibilities :
- The Project Manager will develop work plans, monitors progress of the project and to prepare monthly progress report.
- Oversee all activities of the project; Tracking the project progress and to ensure the activities are being implemented according to the work plan and objectives.
- Develop necessary tools for monitoring and evaluation of the project activities, and ensure monitoring and evaluation systems, reporting and quality controls are in place.
- Facilitating/ supporting the national staff and donor staff in monitoring and evaluating the project
- Being part of the team, doing effective monitoring of the project and giving on time technical assistance to the project staff and donor.
- Sharing and resolving problems and needs of project and project staff with program.
- Ensure, relevant government departments are updated every step on project activities and its involvement confirmed in all the outstanding activities of the project.
- Direct, control and motivate the team, ensuring that they have clear objectives and receive meaningful feedback on their performance.
- Reporting to Country Program Manager or his nominee on project developments and achievements.
- Conducting meetings with all line departments and involving the communities on the project progress, implementation and other related issues.
- Contact with community elders, local Shura members and other community influential people in participatory way to operate in very efficient and coordinated manner.
- Ensure effective and efficient utilization of project budget under responsibility for intended purposes.
- Organize and maintain information files related to program and project management.
- Jointly working with project staff in preparing the data on the proper aspect.
- Document the lessons learned and case studies and share with project staff and other stakeholders.
- Regular on time Reporting to the Line Manager on the roles and responsibilities given/ project implementation.
- Ensure effective documentation of the program and progress by capturing lesson learnt and good practices Participate in training workshops, project events held in Kandahar or any other provinces.
- Conducting any other activity assigned by the line Manager.
- Afghan National
- Diploma or Bachelor Degree Social Science.
- At least three years relevant experience with national and international NGO
- To be fluent in writing and speaking Pashto, Dari and English languages.
- To have knowledge of computer programs (Ms office, internet software’s,)
- Work in the team and to be flexible, having positive attitude and the ability to work under pressure.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
How to Apply:
Please email a covering letter, Tazkira (NID) and your CV to email@example.com including the job title, vacancy number and province in the subject line. Your covering letter should be no more than 1 standard A4 pages in length and explain how you meet the position requirements and why you feel you would be a suitable candidate for this role. Your CV should be no more than 4 pages . The precision and style with which you present yourself in your covering letter and CV will be given significant weight in short listing candidates.