WASH Officer (Soft Component)Full Time
WASH officer has a vital role to play in improving positive hygiene practices for the target population. This involves effectively managing the WASH soft components.
- Responsible for implementing, and monitoring of WASH Soft component activities in field.
- Works closely with WASH team (promotors and social mobilizers) to identify communities, beneficiaries and the intervention in targeted communities.
- Participate in Hygiene Behavior Change Communication (HBCC) sessions and awareness.
- Support program manager on planning, implementation, and monitoring of WASH soft component within the program/project with consideration to social behavior change theories and practices, ensuring consideration to COVID-19 prevention and response.
- Ensure the monitoring of the WASH soft component programme objectives (HBCC, CLTS and more) and organize the WASH soft teams
- Ensure quality and respect of deadlines of the project soft and hard component activities implementation
- Regular technical follow-ups and evaluations on soft component activities in the field
- Check the planned soft component activities are absolutely clear to the members of the community
- Coordinate with PM to ensure project activities are in line with KRO technical guidelines
- Plan the soft component activities with close coordination of PM in order to respect the planning of the proposal and ensure that the program will not face delays and/or challenges
- Ensure all data from the field are provided on weekly and on monthly basis
- Communication with the team and collaboration with the PM.
- Participate in hygiene kit distribution process
- Identification beneficiaries for hygiene kit distribution
- Coordination with CDCs / Shuras / community leaders.
- Sharing and resolving problems and needs of project and project staff with program.
- To ensure relevant government departments and donor agency are updated on project activities and its involvement confirmed in project activities.
- Direct control and motivate the team ensuring that they have clear objectives and receive meaningful feedback on their performance.
- Reporting to Program Manager on project activities.
- Develop different formats forms for the smooth implementation of project and for best documentation
- Keep sufficient and proper coordination mechanism with relevant stakeholders and line departments.
- Avoiding the inappropriateness or conflict with cultural beliefs of groups within the target communities.
- Contact with community elders, local Shura members and other community influential people in participatory way to operate in a very efficient and coordinated manner.
- Strengthen coordination between project staff and stakeholders
- Ensure effective and efficient utilization of project budget under responsibility for intended purposes.
- Arranging and managing logistics administration and transportation aspect/needs of project and project staff with the logistics department.
Data Management & Reporting:
- Organize and maintain project documentation in hard and soft.
- Jointly work with project staff in preparing the data on the proper aspect.
- Document the lessons learned and case studies and share with project staff and other stakeholders.
- Regular on time Reporting to the Line Managers on the roles and responsibilities given/ project implementation.
- Ensure effective documentation of the program and progress by capturing lesson learnt and good practices
- Participate in training workshops meetings project events held in any provinces.
- Visit project sites and monitor all activities
- Respect and adore all policies of KRO including but not limited to; code of conduct, PSEA, Child Protection and Anti-Fraud and Conflict of Interest Policies
- Maintain 100% transparency and accountability
- Any other task assigned by management
NOTE: Selected candidate will be subjected to background checks with regards to Child Protection and PSEA policy breaches during their past employments.
University Graduate (MD, Nurse, Civil Engineering and any other related fields)
At least three years’ work experience in WASH (Soft Component) and similar role;
Good knowledge of water, sanitation and hygiene
Experience in behaviour change communications, and hygiene-related topics is an asset
Construction skills in the field of water and sanitation is an asset
Knowledge in conducting training and capacity building,
Strong experience in and familiarity with protection and gender-related issues.
Basic understanding of COVID19 virus
Good organization, planning and reporting skills
Strong interpersonal and communication skill
Good team interaction and positive attitude
How to Apply:
Qualified persons with the required skills are invited to submit their applications (most updated CV and cover letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line clearly indicating the position and vacancy number you are applying for.