Admin/HR ManagerFull Time
About Organization / Project:
Shanti Volunteer Association (SVA)
At the first time Shanti Volunteer Association (SVA) open its office in Afghanistan in 2003, and start operation in the Eastern region of Nangarhar province, open an office in Jalalabad city,
Shanti Volunteer Association (SVA) was registered on 22/11/2005 with the Ministry of Economy as an INGO, with register number (124).
From starting date (2003) when Shanti Volunteer Association (SVA) head office decided to open an office in Afghanistan, SVA Afghanistan has conducted activities in different areas and worked in the field of education, school construction, promoting school libraries, children’s book publishing, children’s library in Afghanistan, Emergency & WASH program for IDP and returnees.
Up to current date SVA Afghanistan have their main office in Kabul and one regional office in Nangarhar, Jalalabad city.
The Admin Manager reports to the Director and supports the project team in all activities related activities in accordance with SVA policies and procedures. The Admin Manager will be responsible for the management of administrative services, including recruitment, purchasing, procurement, Security and contract administration; general administrative services; facilities, property, safety, space management, and human resources services
- Develop, maintain and update internal rules and regulations, staff management policy, recruitment, promotion and sanction procedures as well as staff evaluation processes to ensure effective, fair and consistent management of staff throughout the organization,
- Manage day-to-day administrative functions including procurement and transportation. Enforce the policies and procedures of the organization.
- Plan and organize the duties of the guard to make sure office equipment and staff are protected;
- Manage and maintain updated inventories.
- Regular follow up of the SVA offices maintenance.
- Supervise regular inventory of office equipment and supplies.
- Control of physical and IT security of the organization.
- Daily supervision of office tidiness and maintenance: make sure the office is clean, tidy, safe and user-friendly;
- Make sure that procurements are done in compliance with the set policies and procedures.
- Manage and maintain inventory ledger and make sure that Main office guidelines are followed in the regard.
Liaison and Compliance.
- Liaise with different government offices and make sure that SVA policy and procedures are complying with Afghanistan government’s laws.
- Assist the Director and Managers for Admin and other related issues.
- Write and update employment contracts and job description and ensure all job descriptions are kept up-to-date;
- Follow up SVA HR related daily activities.
- Check monthly timesheets and attendance sheets.
- Get regular follow up of the staff leave record.
- Work closely with management providing them with expert guidance, coaching and support on the full range of HR activities, in order to ensure a consistent and fair approach to people management based on SVA policies and procedures;
- Maintain an up-to date including: computer data entry and paper file system.
- Ensure local taxation law and any other legal requirements like reporting to line ministries and MoEC are fully complied with.
- Other appropriate duties as assigned by the Director.
- A demonstrated leadership experience with the ability to effectively liaise with multiple stakeholders. Ability to navigate and work independently and closely on security-related issues
- At least five years of experience in administration, HR, and operation management.
- Strong knowledge in HR administration and logistics.
- At least 5 years of working experience in a non-profit organization in a similar capacity.
- Fluent in English, Pashto, and Dari languages.
- Strong problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized, rigorous, able to see in great detail while holding the big picture, respecting timelines, and able to work positively under stressful situations.
- Ability to do proper Job Requirements:
How to Apply:
Please apply by sending a CV and a cover letter that outlines how your experience and education relate to the skills and experience outlined in the Terms of Reference to: firstname.lastname@example.org In the e-mail subject line please write “Admin manager “and your name.