Proposal writerFull Time
Prepares proposals by determining concept; gathering and formatting information; writing drafts; obtaining approvals. The proposal writer works in many different industries to create clear, succinct documents that suggest a course of action or idea. The proposal writer is expected to write well- grammar, spelling and context all count. His/ her key asset would be the ability to write under tight deadlines, be organized and prepared, and have the ability to say much with a few words.
• Determines proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs; studying requests for proposal (RFPs); attending strategy meetings.
• Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; entering and monitoring tracking data; coordinating requirements with contributors; contributing proposal status information to review meetings; transmitting proposals.
• Liaises with other team to search necessary information in regard of preparation of Proposal.
• Able to communicate verbally with donors agencies and keep updated with required data generated by donors,
• Gathers proposal information by identifying sources of information; coordinating submissions and collections; identifying and communicating risks associated with proposals.
• Develops proposal by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation; writing, revising, and editing drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials.
• Prepares presentation by evaluating text, graphics, and binding; coordinating printing.
• Maintains quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining proposal support databases.
• Obtains approvals by reviewing proposal with key providers and project managers.
• Improves proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate; implementing changes.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; maintaining personal networks.
• Accomplishes company goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Train MA fundraising team on effectective proposal writing, the tools and techniques of influencial and technical proposals.
• Writing skill in English and local languages.
• Sound communication skills to work and deal with donors or NGOs or other related people.
• Proven experience as proposal writer or relevant role;
• Understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, marketing etc.;
• Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development;
• Experience in fundraising;
• Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics;
• Presentation Skills, Written Communication, Graphic Design Skills, Technical Documentation, Layout Skills, Problem Solving, Deadline-Oriented, Process Improvement, Coordination, Strategic Planning, Market Knowledge
• Excellent research skills;
• Outstanding organizational abilities;
• Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving;
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the mission of TechNation;
• Flexible and able to multi-task;
• Ability to work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions;
• Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems;
• university degree in relevant field & BA and with qualification and experiences of management, report writing, proposal writing.
How to Apply:
Applications should be submitted through e-mail to this address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: All applicants must write the position title in the subject line Proposal Writer