Audit OfficerFull Time
– Participate in opening meetings with Branch/Department to explain the scope and objectives of the audit engagement to concern departmental head/branch Managers provide an overview of all steps in the audit process.
– Develop a thorough understanding of department/branch processes in scope for assigned audits and document the processes. Identify and document inherent risks and controls within the operational processes.
– Develop a risk based test plan by selecting appropriate audit approach, test procedures and sampling criteria based on professional judgment and departmentally defined internal audit methodology.
– Perform audit tests and prepare working papers in accordance with professional IIA standards and NKB’s IA methodology.
– Evaluate the adequacy of process design and the effectiveness of controls in meeting business and control objectives. Identify and document control and process weaknesses and provide evidential support for findings.
– Propose practical and value added recommendations to address control weaknesses and/or process inefficiencies.
– Organize & reference work papers for review by Manager, Internal Audit.
– Participate in closing meetings with auditees at the end of fieldwork, providing clear explanations for identified issues.
– Assist IA manager in the preparation of a concise and informative audit report to effectively communicate the findings and recommendations to the branch/department and senior management.
– Assists the Manager, Internal Audit in the development of the draft annual internal audit plan.
– Supports the Manager, Internal Audit in the development and implementation of the evolving IA methodology for New Kabul Bank.
– Contributes to the safeguarding of Bank’s assets by ensuring that appropriate internal controls are in place and operating effectively.
– Perform consulting services at the branches and departments level as per approved internal Audit charter.
– Develops & maintains effective and professional working relationships with all levels of staff within the New Kabul Bank, including branches and Departments.
– Conducts investigations of suspected internal fraud with proper approval IA department Heads.
– Collect, co-ordinate and disseminate material for the quarterly Board’s Audit Committee/Board of supervisors meeting when ever need by department heads.
– Other responsibilities assigned by Internal Audit Department senior officials.
– Keep obsolete compliance with regulatory requirements.
– Meet the deadline of audit projects as per given time budget.
– Keep compliance with IIA definition & code ethics.
– Proper report writing with sufficient/adequate supporting documents.
– Up-gradation of knowledge & skills by attending the related workshop.
– Be punctual and meet the office timing.
– Team work and collaboration.
– Proper maintenance of audit projects working paper file (W.P).
– Being initiative & complete the audit projects appropriately.
- Bachelor degree (BBA, B. Com& Economics) is required.
- Comprehensive & current knowledge Banking Law, rules and regulations.
- Adequate knowledge of NKB’s internal policies & procedures.
- Well-developed technical skills in Word and Excel.
- For (BBA, B. Com& economics) 1-2 years audit experience in financial institutions is required.
- With high school degree 4-6 years audit experiences is required.
- Good interpersonal skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively (both written and verbal Dari and English) with all levels within the organization.
- Unquestioned personal integrity with strong ethics and values consistent with NKB’s culture.
- Ability to stand firm on difficult issues when required.
- Strong analytical capability.
- Capable of working independently and with minimum supervision.
- Logical approach of identifying and evaluating issues and problem solving.
- Well-developed organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple assignments.
- Displays awareness of the need for confidentially in sensitive matters.
- Demonstrated job commitment and personal flexibility to meet changing expectations.
- Commitment to self-development and expansion of knowledge.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to send their applications along with copies of their CV and educational and work certificates to the firstname.lastname@example.org All candidates short-listed for interviews will be directly contacted.
Kindly copy the vacancy number and past it in your e-mail subject line with the position title, otherwise you won’t be short listed.