About Organization / Project:
Islamic Relief Worldwide – Afghanistan Country Office (IRW) is an international non profitable Non-governmental humanitarian relief organization with its head quarter in UK-Birmingham. It enjoys consultative status with the Economic and social Council of the United Nations and is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for International Red Cross and red Crescent Moments and NGOs in Disaster Relief. IRA started its humanitarian activities for Afghan Refugees in Pakistan and Afghan people inside since then; IRA continued providing assistances in emergency relief, food security, women empowerment, girl education, orphan sponsorship, health, emergency education, shelter, Ramadan and qurbani programs. Islamic relief worldwide Afghanistan provides equal oppertunity to all applicants including women and people disability.
Summary of the position:
Provide information assistance and coordinate support for victims and witnesses in the violence against children cases through the Gender Based Violence ( GBV) Project. Provide information to victims and witnesses children regarding the functions and role of the child Project.
Duties and responsibility
- Work Closely with GBV Response Officer and PSS Supervisor to find the ideal solutions for complicated cases, if need refer the case to any other NGOs for more support.
- Provide support to case workers to identify and register the cases
Provide information assistance and coordinate support for victims and witnesses in the violence against women cases through the gender based violence policies.
- Provide information to survivors regarding the functions and role of the GBV Project.
Provide referrals to and information regarding the availability of crisis intervention services for medical mental health and social services as well as legal referrals.
- Initiate and respond to in-person telephone and written contact with survivors to provide factual accurate and timely case related information.
- Coordinate survivors’ management for women and girls’ prosecutors at each prosecution stage;
- Oversee the case management process to make sure the steps are done appropriately for having a satisfactory result for the beneficiary;
- Make sure that the case management for each eligible individual takes place in a timely manner, include the GBV response officer for having more inputs and comments in order to coordinate multiple services to the beneficiaries;
- Maintain files and statistics for women and girls;
Draft and submit regular activity reports based on GBV reporting requirements.
Any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Bachelor of Social Science or any other relevant field
Minimum 2 years of experience in relevant field
Good communication skill
Good interpersonal skill
Proficiency in Pashto and Dari
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified national candidates should submit a cover letter explaining their motivation and updated CV to the following email address: email@example.com
The closing date for accepting applications is 17 October 2020.
Please clearly state the Vacancy Announcement number and title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered and only short-listed candidates will be called for an interview.
Note: Due to the urgent need of the role , the written test/ interview may take place before the closing date of the post/s.