We are looking for a Data Entry Officer to maintain our database by compiling the data provided to him/her by the district manager on a timely manner. The ideal candidate will be computer savvy and a fast typist with a keen eye for detail. You will report to Project Manager. Understanding of data confidentiality principles is compulsory.
Responsibilities and Tasks
• Responsible for the complete management of the project database system at the Provincial level.
• Perform extensive database related verification checks on the data for accuracy, completeness, and quality according to the existing procedures and guidelines.
• Scan the forms and maintain the physical and digital archive.
• Perform data entry of the forms.
• Upload the scanned forms to the project application.
• Ensure that reports are produced precisely, timely and regularly. Also assist in the development of the periodic and ad-hoc reports
• Provide technical data related support to Project Manager.
• Keep track of documents needed for further reporting from the projects in process and assist with the regular reporting of process work and the preparation of monthly evaluation report.
• Ensure that the necessary backup procedures for database is in place and regular backups are taken.
• Liaise with GBVMIS daily for the smooth operation and data process.
• Prepare daily progress report.
• Any other tasks given by the Project manager based on the need of the program.
• High school degree or equivalent, Bachelor’s degree in computer science or any other related field is highly desirable.
• Bachelor degree holders with 6 months experience, 12 grade holders with 3 years of experience.
• Fast typing skills, Knowledge of touch-typing system is strongly preferred.
• Excellent knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheets (MS Office Word, Excel etc.)
• Working knowledge of office equipment and computer hardware and peripheral devices
• Basic understanding of databases
• Good command of English both oral and written and customer service skills.
• Great attention to detail
How to Apply:
If you have the expertise to take on this exciting opportunity, please apply online by sending your CV and motivation cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before February 21, 2021. Please clearly indicate Data Entry Assistant-720 in the subject of your email, otherwise your application will not be considered. ActionAid Afghanistan will review the applications on an ongoing basis, thus applicants are strongly advised to make applications at the earliest.
ActionAid Afghanistan welcomes applications from all sections of the community and promotes diversity. Although all applications will be considered on their individual merit, suitably qualified women candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
Due to high volumes of applications received, we can only correspond with short listed applicants. Should you not have received feedback on your application within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. ActionAid Afghanistan will not consider unsolicited candidates from recruitment agencies. We reserve the right to withdraw any of our vacancies at any time.