For the forthcoming five-year, multi-million - dollar USAID funded Open and Quality Basic Education Operation (AQBE) in Afghanistan, Innovative Associates seeks a Private Sector Collaborations Advisor. Enrolling more children in school is one of the Ministry of Education's (MoE) highest priorities given the 3.7 million out of school children. The MoE aims to increase enrolment over the next five years while improving the standard of education, especially for poor and vulnerable children in rural areas through community-based schooling, formal schools and affordable private schools.
The Private Sector Partnerships Advisor will work with local and international stakeholders to develop innovative public-private partnerships that will help increase access to education for children in rural and hard-to-reach areas.
Reporting and Supervision:
The Adviser for Private Sector Initiatives reports to the Deputy Party Leader.
- Build alliances with private firms and private organizations, including financial institutions, operating in the Afghan private sector;
- Develop and implement plans and strategies to engage government, universities, community leaders, and other civil society organizations to support AQBE activities to foster access to quality education;
- Develop a public private partnerships (PPPs) strategy to engage private sector partners in the implementation and sustainability of AQBE activities throughout and after the project period;
- Work with the Ministry, private schools, and private school associations, and other stakeholders to expand reach to ensure access for children in remote areas;
- Engage the private sector, foundations, and other private entities to promote a culture of private support to improve and sustain learning outcomes in Afghanistan; and
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Policy or related field. Master’s degree preferred;
- At least eight (8) years of work experience (five years with an MA), and demonstrated experience in public and private sectors, preferably in the education sector;
- Demonstrated experience in stakeholder consultation, working with professional associations, and reaching consensus among multiple private sector stakeholders;
- Experience in building capacity in training and supervision; and
- Strong communication skills;fluency in Dari and Pashto required and advanced knowledge of spoken and written English highly desired.
Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
How to Apply:
To Apply Follow below link: