• The WASH Program Manager will be under the direct supervision of Program Director.
• Implementing and achieving the objectives defined in the proposals
• Supervising the Operational teams allocated to his/her Program
• Guaranteeing the proper execution and the quality of the implemented program and, if applicable, suggesting adjustments or developments to ensure its relevance.
• Specific Tasks of the position:
• Project relevance, quality and design.
• Contribute to establishing assessments.
• Contribute to define COAR’s local strategy and contribute to the annual programming by proposing new activities.
• Organize and facilitate evaluation missions
• Propose a Technical approach and a financial, Human and Logistical scope for the Programs to be implemented written the Technical annexes and chapters (include the Logical framework) for the Proposals
• Implement activities in compliance with the annual operation strategy, COAR’ s technical requirements, and the financial donors’ criteria
• Evaluate the relevance of the activities carried out, as well as the effectiveness of the intervention and their appropriateness with respect to contextual developments and the populations’ needs
• Propose adjustments to the Programs, if necessary
• Ensure that the Programs under his/her supervision achieve the required result
• Ensure that the program Objectives meet sustainability requirements and, if required, compliance with established norms and standards
• Participate in building the WASH team’ abilities with respect to techniques or new methodologies implementation and operational monitoring
• Plan activities and activity cycles for food security (hiring, purchasing, etc.), in the light of established objectives.
• Used the project management, monitoring and evaluation tools for WASH, particularly the planning and monitoring timeline
• Propose and implement quality criteria and monitoring indicators for WASH Program
• Support and Advise to the base’s logistic department for the purchase of specific materials for WASH activities
• Plan and Supervision of WASH Program implementation he/she is in charge of, being sue to meet deadlines and adhere to predefined technical specifications.
• Supervise and provide support for the WASH Project Manager, monitor and evaluate the implemented WASH activities.
• Anticipate any issue linked to carrying out the WASH activities and help to resolve any problems related to the activities
• Suggest any adjustments to be made to the WASH activity depending on contextual and indicator development.
• Working with the Finance department, contribute to developing budges relative to his/her Program and monitor expenses and budget forecasts
• Use the tools and techniques proposed by COAR
• Participate in the centralization and distribution of procedure, guides and tools linked to the WASH activities
• Capitalize on intervention methods and techniques and on the experiences acquired by COAR and other participants in the WASH Activities
• Write procurement and handovers report before the end of his/her contract and send it to the appropriate persons on the mission and at headquarters.
• Personal Management
• Participate in invalidating the hiring of national technical staff for activities.
• Define the prerequisites for opened WASH positions together with the administrative department, adapt existing job descriptions of required.
• Great and brief the new employees working on the program
• Identify and pass on any training needs for WASH Teams
• Set up technical training depending on operational needs and identified training requirements
• Manage and support the team under his/her responsibility
• Lead workgroups and thematic meetings.
• Evaluate and assess the performance of colleagues under his /her direct supervision
• Ensure adherence to security regulations by personnel under his/her supervision.
• Report/ Communication/Representation
• Pass upward to the relevant persons any information on the security situation or on any event that could impact COAR activities and the safety of the teams
• Draft activity reports and any annexes relating to specific activities for the financial donor reports and/or amendment.
• University degree in engineering, preferably with specialization in Water and Sanitation or similar relevant qualifications (Master's degree is preferred).
• Technical and practical competence in WASH including experience in rural water supply, sustainable sanitation solutions, hygiene promotion, emergency programs and related activities.
• 7 year’s working experience in the relevant field, and Experience in managing multi-faceted WASH programs in developing country
• Skill, Well experienced in project planning, management, administration and supervision. Ability to plan, organize and carry out activities with limited supervision from supervisors. Ability to communicate (and submit reports) in both spoken and written English is a must. Good knowledge and skill of Computer office automation programs,
• Fluency in written and spoken English, Dari, and Pashto languages.
• General, Under the guidance of the Program Coordinator and the Mission Leadership the Project Manager has the full autonomy to run the Projects as permission strategy and priorities of CoAR
• Traits, Good understanding of development issues, particularly community mobilization and self-reliance; excellent ability in problem analysis, analytical thinking, and staff development; ability to promote effective interpersonal and teamwork environment and culture.
• Ensure to work to the best of his/her ability and demonstrate high levels of commitment to COAR in order to ensure the objectives of his/her role and the program are met.
• To ensure the team is working in friendly environment, to strengthen the team, along with solving problems with good manner as per Organization policy and procedure
• Responsible and Accountable for her/his Job according to the Organization Policy and procedure, to take into consideration and respect the roles.
• The WASH Program Manager will:
• Produce timely implementation plans and project inception, progress and completion report to Program Director.
• Coordinate the production of financial reports in a timely manner.
• Logistics Duties
• As per the authority level and ToR to coordinate the logistic issue with the Administration Department
• Responsible for spending funding associate with planning, monitoring & reporting
• Report security concerns from the field to the relevant departments at HQ Level.
• Coordinate with Program Director in systemizing and implementing planning, monitoring and reporting activities as needed.
• Disseminate monthly program reports to relevant Department at HQ level
• Common Duties
• Attend and participate in training identified/organized by your Manager
• Follow any new procedures and guidelines designated in circulars from HQ
• Any other duties as assigned by the Department Manager
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates may send their applications, including a cover letter, and CV to COAR Human resource department at this email address:firstname.lastname@example.org
The application must be received by 28-02-2021
Application received after the closing date will not be considered
The subject line of the email must be (WASH Program Manager VN 30) otherwise your application may not be considered
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the test and interview
COAR is an equal opportunity to the employer all ethnic groups and both gender are urged to apply