PURPOSE OF POSITION
To effectively manage the Supply Chain function in line with World Vision’s procedures in order to support timely implementation of World Vision Afghanistan Programs/Projects that will have the greatest impact on process improvement, simplification, standardization and cost containment thus ensuring the achievement of the Child Well Being Outcomes.
- Act as “first line” advisory resource for Supply Chain staff, support the development of an organizational culture that reflects our values, promote accountability and high performance by designing and implementing a supply chain strategy that delivers efficient and timely support to programmes in alignment with NO Strategic Priorities
- Review supply chain organization Supply Chain structures and staffing levels to ensure effective and cost-efficient support to programs/program expansion and segregation od duties.
- Monitor performance and use data to provide regular analysis against KPIs and make recommendations for strategic improvements to the supply chain function
- Ensure supply chain preparedness for emergencies in line with WVI standards,
- Manage the performance of all staff through effective use of the performance Management System – establishment of clear, measurable objectives ongoing feedback, periodic reviews, and fair and unbiased evaluations
- Prepare Procurement planning guidelines in alignment with Global Guidelines and Planning Calendar and socialize them with all Stakeholders
- Represent the SCM function on NO Strategic Planning & Annual Business Planning process
- Represent the SCM Function in project designs and engage in GAM meetings, Partner – Sub-Grantee Meetings ensuring SCM is engaged early enough to allow professional input during planning stage.
- Review the procurement planning and prepare Consolidated Annual Sourcing Plan to socialize with NO Management & RSCMD and develop the Sourcing Strategy.
- Lead the Annual Procurement Plans and quarterly reviews with key stakeholders and update the Sourcing Plans accordingly.
- Review historic spend, ongoing programs, new designs and emergency preparedness plans to capture the high-level requirements per Categories of spend for goods, services and works and opportunities for High Value Frame Work Agreements with long term duration
- Lead the Market Assessment to identify, register, vet a prequalify Suppliers based on the WVI polices and process to enhance the NO supplier Database.
- Develop and review Market Solicitation Tools that will generate the best sourcing outcomes, competition and transparency
- Engage the Procurement Committee as part of governance Sessions to ensure value for money principles and oversight of the entire process.
- Review Contract extensions, variations /adjustments and any changes in Service Level Agreements
Supplier Contract and Relationship Management
- Develop supplier onboarding process and supplier relationship management framework including the communication guidelines & Supplier continuous improvement plan.
- Vet (through in-country legal) and finalize, Global Standard contracts for NO use.
- Draft & review supplier contracts for those categories where the vetted global standard contract format is not applicable, and reviews supplier recommended changes.
- Ensure that Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are embedded for all Strategically Sourced contracts and managed as part of Service Level Agreement
- Resolve contract-related issues and improve T&C in contracts and the contracting process.
- Ensure all orphaned PRs waiting to be sourced are assigned to the appropriate staff and are actioned in a timely manner.
- Implement Procurement Polices and guidelines in Supplier Award decisions under the applicable threshold and ensure periodic review mechanism is place of the Buyers’ supplier award decisions.
- Ensure, that all gaps are identified relating to the procurement execution (Process, system usage, disputes and etc.) and update / resolve them on a timely manner.
- Identify inherent risks and propose mitigation measures accordingly
Data Management, Analysis and Reporting
- Identify the Global and Regional Supply Chain Key Performance Indicators and set targets for the NO
- Capture, track, and evaluate procurement metrics including areas of spend analytics, procure-to-pay process, operational efficiencies, and supplier performance to drive procurement strategy development and implementation.
- Review and circulate the SCM KPI dashboard to management.
- Review KPI Performance rating and conduct regular meeting with staff on KPIs to identify areas for improvement over time.
- Ensure that Master Data management process is built on global guidelines, ensuring the acceptancy and completeness.
Process, Procedure and Policy-Compliance
- Ensure compliance with WVI minimum standards & SoPs and procedures related to Supply Chain, including procurement, logistics, transport and distribution, warehousing and Inventory management and assets
- Understand and implement the donor requirements from Award Kick off to Award Close Out and any exceptions required
- Ensure regularly reviews are done on the procurement policies, processes and guidelines (Source to pay (S2P), logistical, warehousing) to ensure their effectiveness and applicability and advise Regional and Global SCM Teams for possible change and /for improvement.
- Ensure adherence of SCM Policies, procedures and documentation to ensure compliance with WVI & donor regulations of the implementing Partners/Sub-Grantee are being evaluated under Partner / Sub-Grantee Assessment stage and captured them under capacity development plans.
Systems Development and Implementation
- Maintain procedures and putting them into operation.
- Plan and execute testing and implementation of major systems.
- Ensure that databases meet user requirements.
- Liaise with programmers, applications/operational staff, IT project managers and other technical staff.
Control and Compliance
- Assess criticality of the Risks identified related to SCM & Procurement and plot them in the Risk Pyramid.
- Develop the risk mitigation plans and embed the to the processes, SoPs and guidelines for implementation and regularly evaluate control measures.
- Monitor adherence to control measures and compliance with WV supply chain policies and guidelines.
- Coordination with regulatory authorities for better understanding of the requirements and guide SCM Unit to comply and monitor the implementation.
- Investigate reported cases breach of controls, frauds, non-compliance, misappropriation of WV funds and assets related to SCM and take corrective measure as per the established NO framework.
- Conduct root cause analysis for external and internal audit findings, prepare respond and the implementation plan and monitor.
- Ensure SCM Policies, procedures and internal control system is strong enough to safeguard WV funds and authorities allocated to Partners and Sub-Grantees under the partnering arrangement. Any gaps should be captured at Partner / Sub-Grantee Assessment stage and build onto capacity development plans.
Leadership and Coaching
- Provide leadership to Supply Chain Department to ensure Our Promise strategy is embedded in the Department’s annual objective and day to day work.
- Manage the performance of direct reports through performance reviews, frequent conversations and other method as appropriate. Be courageous in providing coaching or feedback for continuous performance improvement.
- Ensure that all Supply Chain staff members understand Procurement Policies, Processes, and Systems.
- Plan and coordinate departmental meetings to review status of tasks and update Senior Management Team on the progress of the departments’ functions.
- Lead monthly appropriate review meeting to address open procurement issues/performance and provide solution.
Training and Capacity Building
- Identify team capacity building opportunities, promote and conduct training and other development activities for staff on WVI Procurement Policies, Processes, and Systems
- Ensure close technical support to Supply Chain staff in the field offices, to monitor their performance and provide skills training to fill any gaps in Supply Chain staff, Programme staff and Partners
- Ensure appropriate training and professional development opportunities for supply chain teams, provide coaching, mentoring and other development opportunities
- Ensure the National Office as a whole has the capacity to manage effectively core Supply Chain to deliver programmes and respond effectively to emergencies.
- Develop Partners’ / Sub-Grantees’ capacity assessment and capacity building framework / guidelines are developed, leveraging the most recent regulatory best practices.
Minimum education, training and experience requirements to qualify for the position:
- University Degree in Supply Chain Management, Procurement, Engineering, or Business Administration, or equivalent professional qualification (advanced CIPS)
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in procurement, contracts management, contracts administration and/or logistics, of which three (3) years of experience directly related to first-hand procurement and/or contracting is required.
- At least 5 years of experience in managing staff
- CIPs qualification will be an asset.
- Experience with supply chain management software (ERP etc.)
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- strong planning skills
- a logical and systematic approach to work
- good time management, with the ability to work under pressure, maintain accuracy and keep to deadlines
- the ability to solve problems and make decisions, as well as to think strategically and laterally
- excellent relationship management skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with internal and external teams
- negotiation and influencing skills
- business management and analytical skills
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- the ability to lead and motivate a team
- IT literacy, skills in Excel and the ability to handle electronic data
- Understanding of risk management in the context of the supply chain.
- Substantive experience working in the INGO sector dealing with multiple donor funds and meeting different donor requirements
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
How to Apply:
The application closing date is 31-Jul-2021. Please submit your resume and one-page cover letter outlining how you meet the job requirements by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please write on the subject of your Email the Vacancy Number (WVA1153) also avoid sending an attachment of big size (above 1024 KB) if you want your application/CV to be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for a written test and interview.
Local candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
را در عنوان ایمیل خود ذکر کنید (WVA1153) لطفا کد اعلان کاری
Applications with insufficient, incomplete and inconsistent information to make a determination will not be considered.
Phone +93 402231174 | Mobile:+93 799 838 452
Please kindly note: As a mitigation measure, and in order to prevent COVID-19 from spreading, during this time we would not be able to receive hard copies of CVs / Applications. We kindly encourage you to apply online.
منحیث یکی از تدابیر پیشگیرانه و برای جلوگیری از انتشار ویروس کرونا، در جریان این مدت، ما نمیتوانیم درخواستی ها و خلص سوانح شما را به شکل چاپی دریافت کنیم. از همه شما خواهشمندیم تا از طریق آنلاین درخواستی خود را برایمان ارسال کنید