Youth Health and Development Organization (YHDO) is an Afghanistan nongovernmental organization that promotes health and advocate for the right of young people in the country. YHDO will implement the HIV NFM grant (Scaling up HIV interventions among Key Affected Populations in Afghanistan) in Herat Kandahar and Ghazni provinces. Therefore, YHDO is looking to recruit a qualified Provincial coordinator in Kandahar province to organize all the activities in Kunduz province.
GENERAL SUMMARY: provincial coordinator is responsible for the management of provincial NFM HIV project all interventions, provincial-level well coordination, participation in provincial HIV coordination committee, monitoring of MHRB, PWIDs, PLHIV/ARVs, Prison HIV services, responsible to ensure about the supply of all mentioned components and close involvement in support of PLHIV.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• The provincial coordinator should follow the YHDO policy, rules and regulations.
• The coordinator is responsible, accountable, and reportable to the project manager.
• The coordinator will have regular participation in provincial HIV coordination committee meetings at the provincial level.
• The coordinator is responsible to conduct project management monthly meeting with project services sites and provides the meeting minutes and share with the project manager.
• The coordinator will provide updated directory to reflect the all staff require addresses.
• The coordinator will ensure the regular attendance of all staff in their job stations.
• The coordinator will provide his monthly activity plan for each month and share it with the project manager.
• The coordinator will follow all activities in the project-level including Admin/ finance.
• The coordinator will provide the quarter base update inventory list and report to health quarter human resource officer and project manager.
• Coordinator will provide provincial level monitoring plan monthly base, regular update the activities indicators and proper mechanism for follow up.
• The coordinator will conduct monitoring visits regularly and provide the correct actions for findings and challenges, the monitoring report should share with all sites of activities, project manager and M&E manager.
• He or she is responsible to manage the provincial implementation plan and update from PWIDs and MHRB (DICs& outreach) activities, PLHIV/ARVs and prison HIV activities.
• The coordinator will provide the monthly base, quarter base and semiannual report to the project manager and M&E manager and will provide some require information on the spot for the headquarter management team.
• The coordinator will update the list of PLHIV and AIDS with detail such as personal address, date of ART started, follow-up visit, ARV and OI treatment situation, follow-up of absence clients from ART or Drop out, and recording the death date.
• The coordinator is responsible for pharmacy, stock management (particularly STI medicines, ARV, OI and IPT).
• To strengthen the coordination mechanism with ART center, VCT and DIC, MHRB, prison, to strengthen the adherence of PLHIV with ART.
• The coordinator will follow up with the ART coordinator regarding CD4, ARV, OI for each HIV-positive cases.
• The coordinator will provide the request of require supply for all project activities at the provincial level at the quarter base
• Provincial coordinator TORs will follow up the meeting with PLHIV to ensure about monthly base meeting and PLHIV support (if financial support is available).
• The provincial coordinator is responsible for the financial section to follow the monthly cash book bank book bank reconciliation statement cash count. And responsible for local purchasing according to YHDO rules and through procurement committee, also follow the accountability and transparency.
• The provincial coordinator is also responsible to follow up the financial activities such as to request, follow up of petty cash, budget, to be updated on the bank statements, and cash payment vouchers & bank payment vouchers, provide the soft and hard copies of monthly report and send to HQ finance manager.
- University degree in health (Medical Doctor)
- 3 years Experience in HIV prevention filed
- Experience in HIV harm reduction and strong understating from Oral Substitution Therapy (OST).
- Experience of working in managing health projects
- Knowledge on use of computer office program
- Excellent oral and writing skills in Pashto, Dari and English language
How to Apply:
Please indicate the Position Title and Vacancy Number in the subject of your email and application, otherwise, your application will not be considered
Please send your CV and application to : firstname.lastname@example.org