Oxfam’s country strategy vision is a peaceful, prosperous Afghanistan where everyone knows and enjoys their rights. The overall objective of the Action is to enable Civil Society Organisations to engage as independent gender-responsive actors of governance and development in Afghanistan. The project builds on the foundation of a previous Oxfam-led project in which several layers of advocacy structures were established. These advocacy structures facilitate dialogue based on community priorities and provide a two-way feedback loop through which citizens’ priorities and needs can be communicated to the different governance levels.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Project Officer will support the Program Manager in overseeing the “Civic Space Project for enabling a gender-responsive, sustainable, and inclusive governance and development process in Afghanistan funded by the EU Delegation. She will report to her immediate supervisor.
• Overall ssist the Program Manager in delivering projects within the stipulated time and thematic training to project partners and Gr-CSOs
• Support the Program Manager in grants management, including planning, reviewing, and monitoring
• Manage the filing system for the project and ensure documents are accurate and up to date
• Coordinate meetings with partners throughout the project lifetime including preparing the agenda, taking minutes, and follow up
• Facilitate capacity-building support for the project partners and Gr-CSOs based on the findings from Oxfam’s CB assessment and identified needs after the inception of the project
• Support the Program Manager in ensuring report writing, procurement, and branding compliance as per the stipulations of the cooperative agreement with the donor
• Assist the Program Manager to coordinate with the Finance Manager to track the underspending/overspending in the budget
• Identify grant compliance issues and report to the Program Manager to resolve them
• Document learnings of the project to ensure adaptive programming
Reporting and External Relations
• Undertake grants contract management with Gr-CSOs
• Provide support for the timely and quality submission of donor reports, success stories, and other documents as per the contractual requirements and organizational procedures
• Produce components of project outputs based on needs and requests of the Program Manager
• Build/maintain strong relationships with the partners and ensure regular knowledge-sharing
• Represent Oxfam at external meetings with partners and local stakeholders when needed
• Coordinate the organization’s external communications efforts with relevant colleagues in line with the communications plan
• Liaise with relevant colleagues from other Oxfam affiliates when and if necessary
• Undertake MEAL activities to ensure that the project’s M&E data is accurate and relevant and monitoring/ evaluation reports are up-to-date.
• Provide support to the Program Manager to adjust or modify M&E components during the lifetime of the project
• Monitor projects those are implemented by partners and provide constructive feedback for improvements and support
• Support the team in responsible and smooth Oxfam closure process by delivering results as per the closure plan
• Undertake tasks assigned by line manager and CLT members as required
• Bachelor’s degree in social science or related field
• At least three years of work experience in the relevant field
• Fluency in English, Pashto and Dari both writing and speaking is necessary
• Affinity with Oxfam’s core values and principles
• Ability to travel to secure and less secure program covered provinces
• Flexible approach and positive attitude essential.
• Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues, as well as the commitment to equal opportunities.
• Ability to demonstrate an openness and willingness to learn about the application of gender/gender mainstreaming, women’s rights, and diversity for all aspects of development work.
• Commitment to Oxfam’s safeguarding policies to ensure all people who come into contact with Oxfam are as safe as possible.
• Accountability – Our purpose-driven, results-focused approach means we take responsibility for our actions and hold ourselves accountable. We believe that others should also be held accountable for their actions.
• Empowerment – Our approach means that everyone involved with Oxfam, from our staff and supporters to people living in poverty, should feel they can make change happen.
• Inclusiveness – We are open to everyone and embrace diversity. We believe everyone has a contribution to make, regardless of visible and invisible differences.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position copy the given link below and past on the Browser and then click on the “Apply” button. and follow the given directions.