About Organization / Project:
IOM, with financial assistance of the European Union, developed the 5-year Reintegration and Development Assistance in Afghanistan (RADA) project to support sustainable reintegration of returnees within their communities of return. RADA is implemented in eight provinces of high return to achieve the following results:
1. Sustainable reintegration: Returnees and communities in areas of high return in Afghanistan share an enabling environment for sustainable reintegration in which returnees reach a level of economic self-sufficiency, social stability within their community, and psychosocial well-being that enables them to cope with (re)-migration drivers.
Activities include integrated community development projects, support to businesses, start-ups and Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET).
2. Capacity strengthening: The Ministry of Refugees and Repatriation (MoRR) and its departments at the provincial level, has strengthened capacities to plan, coordinate and facilitate the provision of comprehensive reintegration assistance.
Activities include technical assistance, peer-to-peer capacity building and the establishment of referral mechanisms and structures such as Reintegration Information Centers (RIC) at the provincial level.
3. Reception Assistance: Persons who are returned to Afghanistan under the Joint Way Forward Framework and additional arrangements on non-voluntary returns, are provided with immediate assistance at the airport in Kabul, Afghanistan.
Activities include medical and psychosocial screening and referral, temporary accommodation and onward transportation.
4. Knowledge development: Comprehensive data collection, trend monitoring, and research contributes to an evidence base on return, reintegration and development policy and practice in Afghanistan.
Activities include data collection and analysis to monitor results, impact and contextual trends, publications and roundtables contribute to policy discussions at national and international level.
Under the overall supervision of the RADA Senior Project Manager and the direct supervision of the National Program Officer (M&E), the successful candidate will support M&E team in daily monitoring activities, undertake data collection, verification and reporting and in support of the implementation of the IOM Afghanistan managed, EU/DEVCO funded project “Reintegration Assistance and Development in Afghanistan” (RADA) through the following responsibilities:
• Support the M&E Officer in the timely and effective implementation of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning activities for the RADA programme, in line with the M&E manual, workplan and results framework.
• Ensure that all information relevant to key project indicators and outputs is collected in a timely manner and is consistent with the information required for reporting on progress, monitoring of activities and outputs, and evaluation of outcomes and objectives.
• Undertake regular data collection from the field pertaining to the return and sustainable reintegration index and assist the M&E Officer on the verification and validation of the data that is collected in across Afghanistan by the M&E unit.
• Undertake the post-reception assistance survey of arrivals from Turkey and Europe through telephone. Verify and compile data and provide regular reports to M&E Officer.
• Contribute to enhancing the quality of project implementation by undertaking monitoring in the field, recording lessons learned and documenting best practice. Support the provision of knowledge and skills transfer from IOM to implementing partners and other key stakeholders.
• Undertake routine, independent spot-checks of program activities and ensure data quality through random verification and validation.
• Contribute to the work of the M&E Officer in documenting success stories and the most significant change (MSC) at both individual and community levels.
• Provide regular inputs to the communication and visibility unit in order to update programme factsheets, bulletins, social media content and human-interest stories.
• Support the M&E Officer in periodically reviewing and updating the M&E manual, plan and workplan.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Notes: The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
In-depth knowledge of monitoring and evaluation standards and practice of United Nations.
Good interpersonal and communication skills and experience of working on the field
• University degree or equivalent diploma in social sciences, development, Information Management, or any other related field.
• Proficiency in the usage of Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, etc.) is required; advanced knowledge of spreadsheets and data analysis in Excel and the data analysis software is an added advantage.
• Minimum 2 years of work experience in monitoring and evaluation.
• Demonstrable experience in qualitative and quantitative data analysis and reporting.
• Demonstrable experience in contributing to reports and public information products.
• Excellent communication skills in English is required.
• Fluency in English and Dari
• Advantageous: Working knowledge of Pashto
How to Apply:
Click on the link below and then click on ‘Register and Apply’ if you are not already registered with MyCTG
Follow the steps to provide your details and register
Provide the information marked in red
Save your profile and upload copies of your qualification and CV
Once you profile is created and saved go to Vacancies tab on the right corner
Click on the vacancy that you want to apply for
Provide your current employment details, date you are available from and salary expectation
Tick the boxes and click submit
You will see your application under Application tab
Vacancy Reference NO. in website:VAC-4184
Note: Due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please ensure that the e-mail address that you will indicate in your application is accurate.if you have any issue registering yourself, please contactform 8:00 AM up to 4:00 PM: +0093728220482