Reporting directly to Project Manager, The Product Designer and Trainer will provide services in support of MaA and will work closely with WADAN team in Herat and Kabul to contribute to the overall success of the project. S/he will be designing new products and will be training the artisans.
1. Assess the current status of the products and its viability in the market
2. Suggest and bring improvements in the existing products
3. Provide training on improving the existing products
4. Suggest new designs and produce samples
5. Train artisans on new approved designs
6. Assist the Project Manager and Procurement Officer in the procurement of quality raw material and tools
7. Develop samples of Art work and assess its long term viability
8. Develop samples for exhibitions and events
9. Analyze how a new product satisfies market needs and consumer preferences.
10. Stay up to date on current industry trends and market conditions.
11. Define product specifications, create digital or print drawings and designe fully-functional products.
12. Create solutions for new products that are innovative, practical and suitable for manufacturing
13. Coordinate with International Designers through LSE for designs from other countries
14. Evaluate the products produced by the Artisans for quality assurance
15. Perform research on product technologies and structures to implement into design concepts
16. Improve the quality of the products produced by Artisans before its delivered to the market
17. Participate in the exhibitions and develop new product ideas for greater salability
18. Undertake any other duties that might be assigned by his/her supervisor
• University Degree in Arts, Product Design, Manufacturing Design Engineering or relevant field
• At least two years of experience in product designing and arts
• Perform research on product technologies and structures to implement into design concepts
• Proven experience in all phases of the design process including user research, copywriting, wireframing, prototyping, visual design, interaction design, and usability testing
• Excellent communication, facilitation and interpersonal skills.
• Proficiency in office related computer applications.
• Proficient in Dari and Pashto languages.
• Good working knowledge of the English Language is highly desirable.
How to Apply:
Applicants can apply through email only.
Please mention the Position, Vacancy No. and Province in the subject line of the email otherwise your application will not be considered.