To lead and supervise a mobile nutrition team, provide services to targeted communities and oversee the implementation of the nutrition project according to Afghanistan IMAM, IYCF-E guidelines to provide lifesaving activities through mobile outreach IMAM, and refer beneficiaries to nearby health facilities for EPI services, and assist the Nutrition Manager in implementing the program in Kandahar province.
- Overall implementation, supervision and leadership for a mobile nutrition team covering multiple sites and catchment areas.
- Direct involvement in Prevention and treatment of malnourished children and PLW in the assigned locations.
- Ensure all staff in the mobile nutrition team are following the national guidelines and organizational protocols.
- Supervision and coordination of the community component of IMAM and IYCF in the assigned catchment areas.
- Liaison with community leaders in the assigned areas to facilitate good working relations and community acceptance and participation in the project.
- Any other activities not listed in the JD but requested by Line manager and Health & Nutrition Project Manager.
- Provide daily oversight and supervision of all activities at the assigned mobile team locations using monitoring check lists.
- Coordinate staff check patient flow and organize the team and the site efficiently and according to quality standards.
- Oversee the implementation of the, OPD SAM and MAM services and IYCF services and community components of IMAM and YCF at the assigned mobile team locations, following national guidelines and protocols.
- Assist with supervision and on-the-job training of nutrition and BCC staff and community workers involved in the nutrition program.
- Establish a work plan for the mobile Nutrition Team (MHNT) activities and provide daily oversight and supervision.
- Establish a work plan for the Nutrition Extension Workers (NEWs) ensuring coverage of the mobile site catchment areas.
- Coordinate and liaise with the NEWs covering the mobile team catchment area to ensure community mobilization, screening, education is carried out according to the work plan, and defaulters and non-responders are followed up.
- Ensure adherence to the organization’s values and professional behaviour of all nutrition staff and take the lead in resolving problems if needed.
Technical responsibilities (involvement as needed):
- Examine admitted children and provide appropriate nutritional and medical treatment following national protocols
- Examine admitted children for complications, and provide appropriate nutritional and medical treatment or referral according to IMNCI guidelines
- Review complicated SAM/MAM cases and children under 6 months and take the final decision on referral to the hospital or IPD SAM
- Ensure appropriate education and counselling is given to the beneficiaries and care takers
- Discharge children U5 and PLW according to specified discharge criteria as per national guideline
- Ensure accurate record keeping of all activities at the mobile health & nutrition site or in the communities
- Collect, review, and submit required daily, weekly, and monthly reports.
- Carry out required quality checks according to provided checklists
- Ensure the functionality of feedback mechanism and AAP
- Clinical supportive supervision and conducting on the Job training to mobile team staff and NEWs
- Act as the nutrition focal point for community leaders and beneficiaries in the assigned mobile team catchment areas.
- Liaise with Government and other partners providing nutrition services in the same location
- Attend district level nutrition related meetings if required
- In collaboration with the Health &Nutrition Managers and other MHNTs Staff operating in the same district ensure ministries- Departments in the filed /relevant partners are updated with project plans and progress
- In collaboration with the Heath & Nutrition Manager and other MHNTs staff operating in the same district ensure staff of referral facilities are informed of all aspects of the program including referral criteria
- Assist in mapping of villages and communities that have poor access to nutrition services
- In collaboration with the Nutrition Manager establish referral pathways to health facilities, Paediatric inpatient facility and IPD SAM services
- Provide feedback to the Health & Nutrition PM and Health & Nutrition Technical Manager on community specific challenges and barriers
- Prepare regular stock requests to ensure sufficient stock (medicine, medical supplies, food products and non-medical supplies) is available at each assigned mobile team location
- Ensure safe storage of all medicine’s medical supplies and equipment’s, food products and equipment
- Monitor expiration dates to ensure stocks are used prior to their expiration date
- Conduct weekly stock checks and keep accurate records of stock movements of medical and nutritional supplies
- Report any suspected or identified fraud cases at the health and nutrition site to the Project Manager
Graduate from recognized medical faculty (Public Health or Advanced Nursing) with certified diploma
- IMAM and IYCF training
- Minimum of three years relevant post graduate experience
- Experience in Health/Nutrition program
- Supervision or Team Leader Experience in the field level Nutrition project implementation
- Fluent Dari oral and written skills
- Good English
- Strong MS Excel, MS Word and ODK
- Able to plan activities based on tight project objectives
- Ability to organize a mobile health and nutrition site efficiently and orderly, coordinating team members and beneficiaries, identifying bottlenecks, and providing solutions
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should forward their https://form.123formbuilder.com/5325309/form
by not later than 22nd July 2021
For technical questions only, please message firstname.lastname@example.org
“Medair is committed to safeguarding the protection of beneficiaries, volunteers, staff and partners, and particularly children. Therefore, we do not employ staff whose background we understand to be unsuitable for working with children. Medair staffs are required to give the utmost respect to, and comply with, Medair’s accountability policies and best practices”