About Organization / Project:
In order to address the lack of sustainable job opportunities and revenue granting initiatives as well as to tackle the solid waste management problems, PIN launched a four-year project titled “Recycling Plant Value Chain in Northern Afghanistan for Sustainable Jobs Creation Program” (AJCP). The project is implemented in Mazar-e Sharif and Northern provinces of Afghanistan (Balkh, Samangan, Jawzjan, Sar-e-Pul, Baghlan, Faryab) and is funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). The aim of the project is establishing a commercially viable plastic recycling value chain, creating sustainable job opportunities for at least 1860 individuals. The project expects the following outcomes:
• Providing employment at 30 established/ newly created solid waste Collection Hubs;
• Identification of vulnerable youth, IDPs, women and other marginalized groups which can be a part of the project within the value chain;
• Establishing a Recycling Plant, producing recycled plastic pellets, providing jobs at the Recycling Plant; Establishing 60 Business Hubs which will purchase the plastic pellets for further processing into final products, tailor-made to individual needs, thus creating more jobs.0 characters
Under the supervision of MEAL Manger, MEAL assistant is expected to support on handling Community Feedback and Response Mechanisms (CFRM), facilitating environment assessment, database management and preparing draft reports related to CFRM and environment assessment.
This position is also responsible to support MEAL team to facilitate and coordinate with respective stakeholders such as business hubs, collection hubs, beneficiaries, community people and NGO partners while doing above mentioned activities.
CFRM Related Responsibilities:
• Ensure CFRM is rolled out across the project activities.
• Facilitate CFRM related awareness events at community level.
• Handle hotlines to receive and record complaints and feedback received from the beneficiaries.
• Ensure feedback and complaints are well recorded using a standard template.
• CFRM analysis done bi-weekly.
• CFRM report produced on bi-weekly basis and submitted to the MEAL manager.
• Monitor and prepare a report on implementation of feedback provided in bi-weekly CFRM report.
Environment Assessment Related Responsibilities:
• Conducts environmental observations, assessments and inspections of AJCP waste plastic collection and business hubs, and/or other projects.
• Ensures that applicable national Afghan NEPA regulations, as well as, international standards and best practices are followed and implemented by AJCP waste plastic collection and business hubs.
• Prepares a detailed description of observations and summarizes them in various environmental reports for the environmental specialist.
• Evaluates the environmental characteristics of the project site(s) and provides a report on findings and points of concerns.
• Identifies environmental issues and suggests mitigation actions.
• Ensure that selected firms cooperating on the project have all required certifications and permits.
Data management and other responsibilities:
• Monitoring and other data related to MEAL managed properly using a standard template.
• Documents are well managed using an appropriate document management tool.
• Support MEAL team for other assessment, baseline and evaluation as per need.
Required Professional Experience
• 2-3 years of experience in M&E of similar organization with adequate exposure to environment related studies.
Required Education, training, license, registration and certification
• Bachelor’s degree in Natural Sciences, Agricultural, Life Science, Environmental Studies or in the fields suitable for development
• Demonstrated knowledge of Afghanistan environmental guidelines / policy.
• Adequate knowledge and experience of using M&E related tools and techniques.
• Knowledge to using data analysis tools such as SPSS.
• Knowledge of the national environmental departments, laws and regulations.
• Willingness and capability to travel and overnight to project sites within Afghanistan (Jawzjan, Faryab, Samagan, Sar-e-Pol, Balkh, and Baghlan), if and when security situation allows.
• Advanced knowledge and experience of MS office package
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
• Knowledge of humanitarian industry
• Develop qualitative and quantitative tools to measure indicators
• Demonstrate collaboration & team building skills
• Effective relationship management skills; ability to influence without having authority at the local context.
• Experience in environmental data collection techniques.
• Good command of oral and written English. Knowledge of the Uzbek language is preferable.
• Good command of report writing skills
• Ability to structure and manage own work
How to Apply:
Interested female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only those candidates will be called for interview who meet the qualification and requirements for the mentioned position.
Please follow the below link and fill out the form completely:
Closing date will be 28.Jan.2021