In collaboration with the field midwives , the Midwife Trainer is responsible for carrying out project activities in partnership with the players involved and the beneficiaries of the project in the intervention areas , provide prenatal and postnatal education, examine patient during the course of the pregnancy, and assist patients in creating birth plans, ensure the health and well-being of the newborn and mother during delivery. Must be licensed to practice, monitor, check and analyses the midwives’ activities, offering professional support as required and her role extends to the prevention, education and continuing training of women and their family circle in the field of SMI .
Main responsibilities :
• To contribute to reduce the morbidity and mortality rates for mothers and new-born babies by visiting mothers and babies in their homes, making accurate assessments of risk factors, and referring to the maternity hospitals and public health facilities . Analysis of project findings, including the mortality rate among programme clients, and take such steps as necessary to report findings and to reduce the mortality monitor,
• check and analyse the midwives’ activities, offering professional support as required .
• Identify and report immediately about problems that may jeopardize the programme goals
• Follow- up of specifics issues related to family planning and safe motherhood, etc
• Train the midwives and provide follow-up for continuous education sessions
• Train women within FHAGs, and Community Health Workers
• Participate in training sessions and meetings according to the Programme Coordinator’s requirements
• Representing the organisation with government clinics and other services providres Jhpiego and the MoPH – in consultation with Programme Coordinator
• Qualitative and quantitative data collection to ensure data analysis of the project
• Report writing as required by line manager (s)
• Participate in creating training materials
• Regularly exchange information with his/her manager
• Assess future requirements and, together with logistics and his/her supervisor, order the necessary equipment within the required timeframe.
• Through outreach visits, ensure the communities are well aware of the project and are encouraged to participate in the project ctivities.
• Keeping and regular recording the lessons learned and case stories and report them to the Line manager to be considered in the donor reporting.
• Other duties that may be required
• Serves as a positive role model for the organisation Be responsible for his/her own continuing training to develop his/her skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Midwifery or Midwifery degree from an accredited School of Midwifery in Afghanistan.
• Previous experience as a Midwife trainer/Supervisor
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Compassionate and caring of patients
• Able to work in an intense, concentrated environment
• 2-3 years working experience in the field of maternal and child health services
• Midwifery Diploma recognized by the Afghan Ministry of Health
• Previous experience as a Midwife trainer
• Active, flexible ,adaptable
• Good interpersonal and intercultural communication skills
• Fluency in local languages Dari, Pashto
• Good in report writing and data collection
• Midwife trainer maintains current knowledge and skills in midwifery theory and practice based on the best evidence available.
• Midwife trainers create an environment that facilitates learning and communicate effectively using a variety of methods.
• Midwife trainer conducting regular monitoring, assessment and overseeing the project midwife.
How to Apply:
Qualified & Interested candidates should send their Application Letter & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org cc, email@example.com (both emails must be in copy) and put (Supervisor, VA: Tdh-002-2021) in the subject line of the email, otherwise your application will not be considered for further process.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for written test or interview.
Tdh’s recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protect children’s rights, which includes the prevention of all forms of child abuse.
Tdh is an equal opportunity employer.