The Jr. Finance officer within the ESIP Program Kabul is responsible for all aspects related to accounting and bookkeeping. Jr. Finance officer maintains a strong accounting control of the ESIP Afghanistan. He/she closely support national and international staff of ESIP Program in finance related tasks. He/she must follow procedures and regulations established by the GIZ and adhere to GIZ’s processes and rules.
Tasks in details:
• Management of cash and bank book with consideration of finance rules and regulations
• Carry out accounting on the basis of WINPACCS cash/ bankbook
• Reconciliates monthly cash, Bank, advances and suspense of all accounts.
• Monitoring the third-party receivable of ESIP within the project and finance unit
• preparing payment vouchers, maintaining or verifying petty cash transactions, reconciling petty cash balances at least once a week, maintaining bank balances up-to-date and reconciling accounts on a monthly basis, and requesting funds
• Support for preparation of advance payments for journeys
• Coordination with bank for payment of the transfers to suppliers
• Managing of petty cash and transactions file.
• Monthly fund request considering the financial monitoring system
• Preparation the Settlement for advance payments with consideration of GIZ rules
• Follow up of receivables.
• Support the logistic for Inventory recording
• The Jr. Finance officer is responsible for preparation of handover documents to the partner
• Besides this, also support in the areas of Supplies & Logistic will be required, as well as the willingness and flexibility for cross-project support of other GIZ projects.
• Supervise all project procurements and the inventory/maintenance of all equipment, materials, and supplies necessary to the execution of project activities.
• Verify invoices and deliveries and ensure that all supporting documents are received and correct. Maintain equipment inventory, verifying all inventory items.
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Public Administration or any other related fields.
Maximum of 2.5 years of professional experience within a GIZ programs preferably in the areas of accounting and finance.
Other experiences and skills (e.g. language, IT-skills, social and personal skills, etc.):
Solid knowledge of Finance and Accounting
Good knowledge of WINPACCs
Fluent in English (orally & written)
Experience using financial software
Advanced MS Excel skills
Sharp time management
Ability to manage confidential data
How to Apply:
You are kindly requested to fill in GIZ-Afghanistan’s job application form and send it along with your updated CV and letter of motivation with complete contact details to our HR recruitment unit by applying through the link below:
Link for the position in GIZ’s job website: https://www.giz-jobs.com/#id=f91e44fa-3d15-4109-a74e-77bf5870cd00
You can download the GIZ’s job application form from our jobs website (www.giz-jobs.com) or from the Job Applications section of ACBAR website (http://www.acbar.org/applicationform). We will not consider and review the applications without the job application form (for internal candidates, filling the form is optional).
Please do not send us your working certificates, educational certificates or any other additional documents while you are applying for the post. We will ask you for these documents if you are selected for the next steps of our recruitment.
Only those candidates will be invited for written test or interview who meets the qualifications and requirements for the mentioned job vacancy.
We would like to highly encourage females to apply for our vacant positions.
For more information about German Cooperation with Afghanistan and GIZ Afghanistan Projects, please visit our websites: