About Organization / Project:
The Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) is a non-profit, non-governmental humanitarian organisation working to assist in the reconstruction of Afghanistan. SCA’s interventions inside Afghanistan began in 1982. Today SCA runs four major development programmes within Disability, Education, Health and Rural Development and is one of the largest NGOs in the country. SCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment based on their skills, abilities and experience without regard to age (18-65 years), race, colour, religion, marital status, sex, physical disability, or veteran status.
Scope of Work:
This is three months on-the-job training programs only for those Afghan youth who have no experience in office management. The main purpose of this program is to provide an opportunity and enhance the capabilities of Afghan youth particularly Fresh graduates to apply knowledge and skills in the practical working environment and gain experience in their field of study and interest. In this internship program of SCA, the trainees to a maximum extent can benefit from the experience and guidance of SCA staff as well as doing the job themselves. During the training, the trainees are getting extensive knowledge about the activities of the various departments and units of SCA. Beside valuable knowledge, daily transportation (pick & drop if applicable), lunch, monthly cash allowance, and a training completion certificate will also be provided to the Interns
The Intern (Database and Record Management) is a member of the HR Unit reporting to the Head of the HR, Senior Officer, and HR Officer, involved in day-to-day practical activities within the Database and Record Management Section.
• Support the HR Officer to organize and Archive the DE active employees Personnel Files.
• Support the HR Officer to organize and archive the missing documents of the employees in Personnel Files.
• Support the HR Officer to organize and archive all pending documents.
• Support in day-to-day practical activities of the record management section.
• Support the HR officer in preparing the SCA Cards for SCA staff.
• Perform any other relevant tasks assigned by line supervisor.
- To be an Afghan citizen
- To be no older than 30 years
- To be a graduate student from a recognized university but no
- longer than 24 months ago graduated.
- To have had no formal work experience
- Understanding of the Afghan context, dynamics, and access
- limitations related to gender, disability, religion, tradition, and local norms.
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and demonstrates a very good understanding of English (spoken and written).
- Demonstrates competency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to work under stress and in high-risk contexts.
- Flexibility to work outside standard working hours.
How to Apply:
Interested qualified candidates should submit a CV with a motivation letter of no more than 500 words in English explaining their motivation and how this internship will build on their present education and career dreams;
To apply online please send your application / CV and motivation letter through the link below:
Academic certificates or references need not be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for an interview.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for the interview.
SCA is committed to ethical standards, a safe, diverse, and inclusive work environment. Our work is based on our values: Responsiveness, Equality, Impartiality, Social Justice, and Integrity. Background and reference checks are part of the recruitment process and will be conducted for the successful candidate.