About Organization / Project:
Green Afghanistan Agriculture and Livestock Organization (GAALO) is a non-government, Non-political and non-profit organization. The organization was registered with ministry of economy in 2009. GAALO is committed to identify new and innovative approaches to meet the needs of its target groups. We believe in a change not through a radical dynamics of revolution, but to unfold the social issues with positive solutions of social development mechanisms. Our work focuses on identifying the most critical and challenging problems, develop successful strategies, build effective institutions and create efficient delivery mechanisms. We base our programs on facts and data, not mere assumptions. The core team of GAALO consists of highly qualified professionals having many years of working experience in the development and research sectors. GAALO utilizes the services of a vast group of professionals from a variety of disciplines.
The incumbent shall perform under the direct supervision of Admin & Finance Manager and work in close collaboration with Admin Department. Her specific responsibilities are as below:
- Manage day-to-day accounting functions including regular cash verification, bank account and balance sheet reconciliations, monthly closing, timely submission of financial reports to Line Manager etc.
- Recording the day to day transactions in QuickBooks
- Assist in the preparation of budgets for all proposals and develop clear and concise narratives.
- Liaise with donors on finance and budget issues as required.
- Ensure that expenses are incurred/charged to different donors/grants according to the approved budget(s) and compliance requirements are met as per grants agreement and guidelines.
- Completes monthly balance sheet, budget monitoring reports as per project requirements.
- Make sure that the allotment is received for all staff in order to process the payroll.
- Providing annual and semi-annual reports to ministry of MoF.
- Processing tax clearance of GAALO with MTO
- Follow up for Staff TIN and their salary taxes.
- Maintain payroll records.
- Maintain Proper Filing.
Human Recourse (HR)
- Submission of timely HR reports to line manager at the end of each month.
- Support the development and implementation of HR strategies.
- Help in recruiting the employees within the dimensions and responsibilities for developing human resources.
- Selecting those employees having potentialities for development to meet the present and future organizational and project needs.
- Maintain staff annual and sick leave records in line with HIR guidelines. Send out reminders on upcoming public holidays.
- Ensure that staff attendance sheets and registration sheets are in place to record Time in and Time out.
- Maintain the staff database and send monthly updates to line manager and payroll information to Finance Dept.
- Obtain business cards and ID cards for all new staff and ensure these are kept updated.
- Analyzing, appraising, and developing the performance of employees as individuals, members of a group, and organization with a view to developing them by identifying the gaps in skills and knowledge.
- Help the employees to learn from their superiors through performance consultation, performance counseling, and interviews.
- Train all the employees in acquiring new technical skills and knowledge.
- Develop the employees in managerial and behavioral skills and knowledge.
- Planning for employee’s careers and introducing developmental programs.
- Planning for succession and develop employees.
- Changing employee's behavior through organizational development.
Learning through job rotation, job enrichment, and empowerment.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with specialization in finance.
Strong knowledge in accounting software (QuickBooks) and other financial software packages like Excel.
At least 3 years of working experience in a non-profit organization in a similar capacity.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates, who meet the above-mentioned requirements, are encouraged to submit their only updated CVs in one file.