About Organization / Project:
The Liaison Office (TLO) founded in 2003 as an Afghan non-governmental organization (NGO) that emerged from a Swisspeace pilot project (supported by the Heinrich Böll Stiftung) on good governance in connection to peace and reconstruction or reconciliation process. TLO has since evolved into as an independent Afghan NGO registered under number 611 with the Ministry of Economy of Afghanistan. TLO was founded with the aim of improving local governance, stability, and security through systematic and institutionalized engagement with customary structures, local communities, civil society groups, and government institutions. TLO is based in Kabul, with regional offices in Paktia, Khost, Kandahar, Herat, Mazar, and Nangarhar and additional field offices across Afghanistan. TLO works to achieve its objectives through key program activities: research and analysis, dialogue facilitation for peacebuilding, access to justice and governance, humanitarian assistance, third party monitoring and evaluation, and environment & natural resources management. The guidelines for these activities are strictly based on the “do-no-harm” approach and Conflict Sensitive Programm Management (CSPM), which are participatory and community-led.
The Sustainable Livelihood and Social Development (SLSD) project is funded by SDC, and it is a 10-year mandate which is being implemented in 3 phases, started in May 2013 and it will be completed in July 2023.
SLSD Phase 3 key focus will be on; Productivity of resource-poor smallholder farmers’ income generation activities enhancement, CB-NRM Institutions halt degradation of their natural resources and sustainably and inclusively manage them, Productivity of smallholder land-based agriculture improved, and DAIL/PAIL strengthened to support communities and deliver services.
Under the Direct Supervision of MEAL Coordinator, the Field Female M&E and Reporting Officer will work on conducting project(s) baseline and end line assessments and midline assessments if necessary, data collection, compilation and analysis, and result generation. Supervise ongoing project(s) weekly and monthly work plan, conduct regular field visits to monitor on-going activities, (planned & completed project(s) activates in case of need), project documents record keeping, prepare weekly and monthly reports and contribute to semi-annual and annual operational reports.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Based on the project work plan and Log-frame develop a monitoring and reporting field plan for the approved intervention.
• Compilation of all components’ work plan on weekly and monthly basis and then sharing with MEAL coordinator and Project Manager.
• Field M&E and Reporting Officer will review the SLSD Phase 3 project M&E plan and Log-frame and base on that develop a monitoring evaluation and reporting field plan for the approved project activities.
• Lead on conducting baseline and end-line assessment surveys for SLSD Phase 3 projects in the targeted districts and midline basement survey if needed
• Provide inputs to projects based on the field realities and findings during data collection.
• Follow up on on-going projects activities as per the project work plan and log frame.
• Travel to targeted districts of Khost province for the projects activities supervision and monitoring or main office Kabul if needed.
• Data collection from field and technical staff based in Khost Field Offices and prepare weekly and monthly and contribution in semi-annual and annual operational reports for the effective supervision and management of the projects.
• Schedule and conduct monitoring visits to project sites in accordance with the Project Work Plan in coordination with the MEAL coordinator and project manager.
• Prepare field M&E reports, including data collection, analysis, presentation and knowledge management.
• Actively participate in designing questionnaires, facilitate and conduct baseline end line surveys.
• Develop databases and lead on data entry of collected data including analyses and result generation.
• Compile project case studies and success story for internal and external disseminations.
• Record keeping of various reports and assessments produced and submitted regarding M&E and reporting.
• Perform any other task assigned by MEAL Coordinator and Project Manager.
• Bachelor degree in business administration or relevant field (Master degree is preferable)
• Minimum 5 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation, report writing, providing technical assistance in or conducting and/or leading evaluations, survey, quantitative or qualitative research.
• Excellent Pashto, Dari, and English linguistic skills, both written and spoken.
• Good report writing skills in English language good Pashto and Dari report writing as well (for community, and stakeholders.
• Good coordination an communication skills.
• Knowledge and experience with mobile data collection in open data sources.
• Able to work under pressure working environment independently.
• Experience with mobile data collection.
How to Apply:
Please submit complete applications including:
• Current CV, including two reference persons
• Letter of application stating the candidate’s motivation, interest and suitability
• Write clearly in the subject of your e-mail: Application for the Post of Field M&E and Reporting Officer
• Submission without proper subject: Female Field M&E and Reporting Officer/Vacancy number will be discarded from the process
To The Liaison Office, Kabul, Afghanistan, not later than 28 February 2021
Applicants may send their applications by email to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org