• The main responsibility of Environmental Health Engineer is to perform the following activities:
• Provide contractor/ stakeholders with technical guidance and assistance during project implementation process.
• Checking the quality of all construction materials including concrete and mortar marks, concrete and mortar ingredients quality, steel quality and quantity and etc. according the structure design and drawings.
• Supervises the contractor work progress and quality according to the work plan, design, and technical specification.
• Control quality of all construction materials and ensure that all the construction activities of the contractor are according the construction norms and with good quality.
• Estimate and measure the completed work progress for each payment according to the payment schedule of supplier contract.
• Prepare and submit weekly, monthly and quarterly reports of the project
• Conduct field visits to WASH project sites regularly for monitoring work.
• Following up the procurement process with supply chain team at field and Kabul level
• Conduct meeting with communities, contractors, PRRD, and other stakeholders regarding project progress , challenges and coordination.
• Assist the donor focal point for project activities and provide information regarding the project implementation as per the requirement.
• Provide technical oversight to the development and implementation of assessments aimed to identify WASH needs and gaps.
• Coordinate with EH and quality assurance relevant staff at KBL level to address challenges on timely manner.
• Maintain project technical documents /files and share it through online tools with relevant staff.
• Ensure that all Water supply activities are finished within the allocated time, budget and scope
• Stay at field for some days after receiving security approval to monitor the work properly.
• Participate in WASH Cluster meetings at provincial level regularly to present IRC WASH Activities
• Maintain good relationship with community CDCs, PRRD, Citizen charter, DOPH and DOEduc relevant staff
• Perform any other duties as required or asked to do by the supervisor.
• Having bachelor’s degree in civil, Water, sanitation, environmental engineering; Geology or any other relevant field of study
• Having minimum 2 years relevant work experience in the WASH sector or construction industry
• Experience in implementation of water and hygiene promotion activities.
• Able to stay at project sites for some days after security approval
• Experience in using software i.e., MS office, AutoCAD and etc.
• Experience of working with multiple projects at a time
• Experience of managing staff at the field level.
• Willingness to travel to project implementation areas.
• Good knowledge of the social and culture dynamics of the intervention area
• Having the skills and ability to work within a team
• Good Written and spoken English and can Speak/understand/write local language
How to Apply:
Note: Application received without exact position title, vacancy no and location will be directly disqualified from the process.
interested candidates are requested to send their applications along with copies of their CVs (NOT Educational and Work Certificates), to the attention of the Human Resources Department to the following address or email us on (AF-Recruitment@rescue.org).
Shortlisted candidates will be directly contacted for written test and after that for interview. If you are not contacted TWO or FOUR WEEKS after the closing date .please know that your application has not been successful for the post.
IRC Afghanistan Country Office – Kabul
House 34, Street No.4 Taimani District 10, Close to Haji Mohammad Dad Mosque