About Organization / Project:
The Communication Specialist would manage the communications team; and would remain responsible in developing, managing, co-coordinating, networking, implementing, monitoring, reporting and advocating the AEITI communication strategy associated products and activities on on-going basis with public audiences, with the objective of promoting awareness, understanding and support of the AEITI secretariat and the Multi-sectoral Group (MSG).
The major responsibility of the Communication Specialist is to develop AEITI communication strategy, frequently up-date the strategy, and prepare action plans according to the approved strategy, timely executing the action plan activities. The Communication Specialist is responsible for preparing periodic AEITI progress reports and will report directly to the AEITI National Coordinator. The specific responsibilities of the Communication Specialist contains but not limited to the followings: Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (AEITI), reporting to the National Coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop, maintain and update the communication strategy and associated work plan. Strategy and work plan includes: stakeholder assessment and provide trainings based on that; objectives; target audiences; events; trainings; broadcast AEITI messages and media mix; resources; specific actions, activities and monitoring and evaluation of impact; success and opportunity for improvement; ongoing refinement of the strategy.
• Maintain close collaboration with EITI International Secretariat for effective overall ll coordination.
• Ensure that the AEITI office has a well maintained and continually developed contact list of journalists and media outlets covering all media – print, TV, radio, web etc. and a successful process of communicating and maintaining regular contact and close collaboration with the media to communicate the message of AEITI’s cooperation to a wider audience.
• Identify, develop, distribute and evaluate variety of AEITI public outreach materials in multiple, appropriate formats (Press releases, Brushers, Flyers, Reconciliation Reports and feature stories etc). Ensure or enhance the quality, appropriateness of AEITI specific communication materials, activities, processes and messages transmitted to the press, MSG and public.
• Monitor and evaluate the use and effectiveness of media materials and share results and findings.
• Develop and deploy AEITI office communication capacity to gather/facilitate the content and coverage of relevant AEITI efforts. Use the opportunity to identify/highlight effective programme activities and results.
• Develop an action plan for communication activities, monitor compliance and provide support and guidance to ensure objectives are met.
• Support communication activities through knowledge management, information exchange and capacity building of the AEITI communications team. Enable appropriate advocacy and communication training, access to information, and developing training and orientation material.
• Responsible to present AEITI to the relevant meetings and while bringing new stakeholders onboard.
• Sharing collaborative case studies, audit findings, issues, policy analysis results and other research that informs policy of critical issues in AEITI’s thematic areas in terms of transparency, accountability and service delivery
• Act as media spokesperson in line with the aims and objectives of AEITI; and the developed communication plans to ensure optimal media exposure and proper information dissemination.
• Productive interaction with CSOs, Private Sector and Government and other relevant stakeholders to deliver compelling messages and provide a mechanism for feedback to AEITI
• Design/prepare professional communications materials, including press releases, information kits, workshop materials, talking points, speeches, brochures, scripts, and other related materials with the aim of achieving the set objectives of AEITI
• Ensure the quality of the communication material; and make sure that the AEITI website and other Social Media activities are always up to date.
• Conduct media campaigns on the AEITI to the public
• Guide all 3rd party consultants (and donor organization) assigned to AEITI on communications/stakeholder management matter
• Any other job related tasked assigned by the direct supervisor.
• Master Degree in Mass Communication, political science, related social sciences, MBA, or any other relevant field, with 5 years of relevant work experience; or Bachelor Degree in any of the above fields in with 7 years of the relevant work experience. The mentioned experience should be in administrative, management, process/function control.
• Able to communicate formally and efficiently in English, Dari and Pashtu languages.
• Work experience in the extractive sector is desirable.
• Females will be given high priority.
How to Apply:
Applicants are requested to submit a complete application package which must include all required documents (provided below) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your email subject must be: MoMP/AGASP/ Communication Specialist
A current resume or curriculum vitae and Education certificate/diploma.
Note: IN ORDER TO HAVE YOUR APPLICATION CONSIDERED, YOU MUST SUBMIT A COVER PAGE ALONG WITH YOUR CV.
Human Resources Department, Development Projects HR Unit, 4th floor, Main Building Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP), Abdul Haq Square.
For more information please contact, Kh. Abdul Naim Latifi (Development projects HR coordinator)
Contact No: +93700162526