YHDO is a non-governmental organization established in 2009. Its vision is to build a socially inclusive Afghanistan where youth are empowered to exercise their rights according to the Afghan Constitution in all spheres of their lives.
YHDO is seeking to recruit a part-time children’s fitness/ sport instructor for the boys’ shelter in Kabul. The children’s fitness instructor will provide the skills to run children's fitness classes and related activities and exercise. The instructor must be able to plan and deliver safe exercise for children aged five to seventeen years of varying fitness abilities and run classes, the main duties and responsibilities of the fitness trainer are as below:
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Providing children fitness skills classes and related activities.
• Instructing the safe exercises, physical activities and programs for children in shelter.
• Demonstrate the correct way to use exercise equipment
• Monitor the misuse of equipment
• Ensure the gym is clean and free of health and safety hazards
• Deliver exercise classes and workshops
• Develop and provide course and exercises' materials, workbooks
• Keeping children engaged, busy, and active by teaching fitness and exercise.
• Delivering fun and engaging sessions that help children get fit and commit to exercise.
• Designing fitness' classes/exercises to meet the needs of different groups of children within the five to seventeen age range.
• Prepare monthly activities report to his line manager
• Perform any other related duty assigned by the line manager.
• Minimum secondary school diploma.
• Qualify with a certificate in instructing exercise and physical activity for children.
• Minimum of 2 years' experience in instructing exercise and physical activity for children.
• Have work experience with children support programs.
• Good level/ knowledge of communication with children.
• Good knowledge of child rights and support programs.
How to Apply:
Please indicate the Position Title and Vacancy Number in subject of your email and application, otherwise, your application will not be considered.
Please send your CV and application to : firstname.lastname@example.org