The Admin Assistant is responsible for ensuring administrative support to staff that are travelling or are arranging gatherings or workshops at the provincial level. S/he will contribute to a respective and positive working environment, and ensure that all office needs (e.g. cleaning materials, stationary) are met and carefully maintained according to budget.KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Maintaining a clean and well-organised working environment:
• Provide appropriate support and direction to cleaners so that all office, kitchen/meal room and guesthouse spaces are clean, welcoming and representative of Save the Children’s standards.
• Ensure that the office has the appropriate amount of furniture to accommodate staff needs.
• Purchase stationary and cleaning items for the office.
• Maintain stockroom for stationary and cleaning items, recording what comes in and what comes out.
Providing administrative support to visitors:
• Ensure that accommodation is booked upon receipt of an approved TAR and flight ticket for inbound visitors.
• Ensure that accommodation and all other visitor-related costs are charged to the correct budget codes.
• In instances where colleagues are travelling to other cities, provide support for flight booking and accommodation in collaboration with CO.
• Ensure that all TARs are filed and securely stored.
• Provide support to the organisation of large trainings, gatherings or workshops where required.
• Ensure that female staff meetings are given the space and respect to take place.
• Promote the inclusion, empowerment and promotion of female staff as equal colleagues within the workplace.
• Provide government liaison support (e.g. sharing of MoUs) where requested by programme operation teams.
• Support and taking responsibility for inventory and record keeping.
• Any other tasks assigned by supervisor.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
• holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
• holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
• sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
• widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
• future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
• builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
• values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
• approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
• develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
• willing to take disciplined risks.
• honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
• High school certificate for female applicats only
• 16 Grade certificate concider for male applicats
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• 1 year of experience
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work as a team player
• Fluent in Pashto and Dari
• Good self-starter with effective time management skills and high levels of organisation
• Strong skills in coordinating and collaborating with others in partnership
• Positive, solution-driven, respectful and with a ‘can-do’ attitude
• IT skills (e.g. Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
• English skills
• Experience working in humanitarian emergencies across multiple areas of Afghanistan
• Previous experience in NNGOs/INGOs, UN etc.
• Ability and willingness to travel within Afghanistan
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants are highly encouraged to apply for the position by filling in the online application form. In addition to the online application form, they can also attach their CV and cover letter in the online system. Please note that only the applications received through the online portal will be considered for this position.
Applicants can login to the online application system by copying and pasting the following link intro their web browser. Returning users will need to enter their username and password, first time users will need to create a user account.
It is recommended that you save your username and password for future job applications through the online system.