SHELADIA Associates is an multinational multidisciplinary specialist consulting company with extensive expertise in overseeing and executing productive construction programs internationally and in Afghanistan. SHELADIA operates in more than 70 countries across Asia , Africa and the Americas. Currently we are looking to fill the position of Project Seismology Specialist for Arghandab Integrated Water Resources Development (AIWRDP).
The specialist will ideally have a master's degree in the appropriate majors and should be fluent in English and have a minimum of 10 years of work experience in the respective professional areas. The professional is set to:
- Assess the dam site geology, seismology, potential fault zones in dam reservoir, likelihood of dam break due to a seismic event, previous seismic hazard assessment works by the United States Geological Survey;
- Support in preparation of geological mapping of the project area including reservoir;
- Study the previous proposed seismic design criteria and update it if necessary.
- Prepare the seismic hazard assessment and the seismic safety design criteria and analyses and assess any additional needs for seismic hazard assessment; and
- Assessment of any potential faults crossing the dam site and reservoir area as well as mitigation measures if required.
How to Apply:
Please submit your CV / resume by email to email@example.com, reference Seismology Specialist / Afghanistan no later than 26 February 2020.