Phelan Energy Group (PEG) is an integrated, independent solar power generator that provides affordable, rapidly deployed, and renewable clean energy worldwide. We are a new organization set up in 2005, with a world-class technical team of more than 100 experienced professionals committed to guiding and implementing the exciting potential, which is solar power. PEG is a world leading private solar IPP and innovator in PV solar energy and battery storage, specializing in the low cost, high quality solutions. Operating in over 15 international markets where we identify solar development locations, secure the required permits and approvals, enter into long term Power Purchase or Merchant Agreements, then build, own, and operate these solar developments. To date, PEG has installed and connected 260 MW of grid, which comprises the company's revenue and cash generating assets. A further 120 MW is under construction, as well as a global development pipeline of more than 1 GW. PEG currently has a connected grid for solar power plants in South Africa, where our 175 MW is the largest in Africa; India, where our 70 MW Rajasthan facility set a record low price in India; and another 15 MW facility in Afghanistan. Recently HE President Ashraf Ghani opened and inaugurated the creation of Afghanistan. PEG maintains control of those solar assets and has not sold any of these projects to date. PEG is continuously expanding our market development reach to new countries and have offices in Cape Town, New Delhi, Kabul and headquarters Dublin, Ireland.
ROLE PEG is currently seeking an experienced Engineering Manager for our utility scale solar PV project team. The Engineering Manager will be responsible for the planning, design, and engineering management of Solar PV plant developments in Afghanistan. It is important to mix the technological and commercial skills.
Primary Responsibilities: The main responsibility for this role is to provide ongoing and active management of our project development pipeline from a technical, engineering and commercial perspective and to ensure all objectives are met with respect to technical requirements, costs, schedules, quality, environmental, and safety during development of utility scale solar PV plants in Afghanistan, and other countries. This will include but is not limited to.
- Manage and review the design phase of project including site selection, technology selection, civil and structural design, system configuration, grid connection, control systems and other aspects of Photo Voltaic power plant.
- Understand and incorporate all relevant design criteria and construction standards for the PV plant and transmission & distribution network – local and international standards, codes, and regulations.
- Support business development efforts during all phases of project pursuit, including due diligence, feasibility studies, proposal development, utility, and agency liaison,
- Liaise and communicate with all local and international stakeholders, including funding agencies
- Manage and ensure coordination of all project stakeholders and team members (EPC and O&M Contractors, Owners Engineers, field supervisors, document controller, HSE team etc) on site through effective resource and contract management.
- Review plans and schedules and monitor through the different stages of the projects with respect to project budget.
- Responsible for coordination and review of the Monthly Progress reports prepared by the EPC contractor, providing feedback to Project Company.
- Work closely with all stakeholders to ensure the project is on schedule and within scope.
- Manage the documentation of contract bids and adherence to the projected completion dates.
- Maintain regular external communications with companies, retailers and vendors.
- Safeguard and control work carried out by EPC Contractors, coordinate, and supervise communication, control health and safety procedures, ensure compliance with norms and designs.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor of Science in Engineering, or MS in Engineering or Engineering Management preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of experience with a broad and deep understanding of power generation, power transmission and renewable energy technologies in general
- Must have experience with development, design, and management of renewable energy projects
- Must have experience dealing with power generation and distribution utilities and their requirements
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to succeed under pressure and strict deadlines and to be successful in the workplace
- Effective Project Management skills
- Flexible to travel Internationally
- Capacity to handle several projects simultaneously, including defining critical path products to ensure production times are met
How to Apply:
please send your CV to: NedaP@phelanenergygroup.com