Job Description and Purpose:
The incumbent is responsible for the efficient operation of warehouse receipt and dispatch of all NATO CIS material inside the Logistics Depot Principle Duties:
- Develops, writes, updates, reviews, advises and implements environmental protection policy and Standing Operating Procedures for all RS sites.
- Coordinates and provides expert advice on all environmental protection issues with respect to RS
- Serves as the coordinator and Secretary for the Joint Environmental Management Board (JEMB)
- Conducts or manages the conduct of technical field surveys.
- Conducts, oversees or manages the conduct of the various types of environmental studies of NATO bases.
- Writes Environmental Impact Assessments for qualifying projects managed by CJ Engineering.
- Performs technical reviews of bids to ensure environmental policy is followed
- Provides support to NATO Environmental Protection related conferences, courses, meetings and events (speaker NATO School, Germany, EPWG at NATO HQ and other EPEE events etc.).
- The employee may be required to perform a similar range of duties elsewhere within the organisation at the same grade without there being any change to the contract
- The incumbent may be requested to travel to other RS sites throughout Afghanistan.
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with environmental authorities in HHQs, TCNs, and GIRoA.
- Participates in various meetings related to Environmental Protection with NEPA, IGOs, TCNs, HHQs.
- Provides technical leadership to EP Officers located at subordinate commands such as KAF and KAIA
- Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties as directed by CJ Engineer Chief
Essential Qualifications: Professional/Experience: Minimum 5 years’ experience in Environmental Protection Experience as an advisor or staff officer related to Environmental Protection Ability to interpret environmental laws in an international environment and to formulate policies on matters related to environmental protection in a large organisation. Education/Training University education and 4 years post related experience or Higher Secondary education and completed advanced vocational training leading to a professional qualification or professional accreditation with 5 years post related and 2 years function related experience Language English: Good level of written and spoken language skills. NOTE: The work both oral and written in this post and in this Headquarters as a whole is conducted mainly in English. Desirable Qualifications: Professional/Experience Experience as an Environmental Management Advisor to Senior Management Experience of facilities management Experience of delivering and managing engineering design work. Experience at conducting environmental assessments of engineering projects Experience in the remediation of contaminated land. Education/Training Environmental Management System Auditor Training HQ RS Event training/Mission Rehearsal Training (MRT) or RS HQ Augmentation Pre Deployment Course (IAPDC). Personal Attributes The Theatre Environmental Protection Officer must be a mature person who displays sound judgement and tact. The individual must demonstrate strong team attributes. Professional Contacts The Theatre Environmental Protection Officer establishes and maintains positive working relationships with all staff personnel, GIRoA (NEPA), USFOR-A, USAID and other relevant IGOs in order to promote and comply with NATO STANAGs, SOFA and HN laws and regulations. Contributions to Objectives Part of NATO’s commitment to the GIRoA is to support reconstruction and development efforts. In order to do so, it is imperative that RS operations are conducted in a manner that mitigates the impacts on the environment. The importance of having sound and practicable environmental policies supported by a professional practitioner cannot be understated Work Environment The work is normally performed in a NATO office working environment/ Secure office environment with artificial light and air (e.g. Bunker). Normal Working Conditions apply. The risk of injury is categorised as: No Risk. Benefit Package: Monthly salary of € 8260.00 (Tax free in the host country). Daily Allowance of € 87.69 while working in Afghanistan Installation allowance of ½ initial monthly basic salary. Start and End of Contract paid transportation from residence to theatre and return Two days of annual leave per month. 5 days “Leave from Theatre” and 2 days of travel plus reimbursement of travel expenses up to 1250 Euro for every 6 months spent in Theatre Medical Insurance from Cigna (including death and disability coverage), small fee charged plus 50% of monthly premium covered by RS HQ.
How to Apply:
If interested, please apply in accordance with the General Information for applicants provided through the following link: https://rs.nato.int/resources/site1/general/vacancies/20190320-general-information-applicants-rs.pdf Application form can be found at: https://rs.nato.int/contact/vacancies.aspx