IRC “International Rescue Committee” is responding to the worst humanitarian crises of the world and helping people to survive and rebuild their lives. The Organizaiton is Founded in 1933 by the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers life-saving care & the life-changing help to the refugees who are forced to flee war or disasters. The IRC launched a country program in Afghanistan in 1988. Our programs range from humanitarian assistance to early recovery and development, focusing on child safety, education, economic well-being, health, and strength. The IRC operates in 9 provinces across Afghanistan, including some of the most active security forces, and hires more than 500 people.
- Search and Check all female tourists and guests until they are admitted to IRC premises.
- Introduce female visitors into the office and direct them to the correct destination.
- On a daily basis, straighten rooms and clean floors/ carpets, surfaces and fixtures in assigned facilities to proscribed standards and in keeping with assigned schedules.
- Maintain the order and cleanliness of cleaning supply closets and cabinets. Request cleaning supplies and equipment, as needed, in a timely fashion.
- Maintain supplies and washing devices in good and safe condition.
- Clean bathrooms and eating areas daily to maintain cleanliness and hygiene.
- Empty wastebaskets daily. Prepare for scheduled trash pick-up.
- Remove equipment boxes and shipping containers for storage or disposal, as directed.
- Sweep walkways, external stairs and outer areas at least once a day.
- Pick up and dispose of litter.
- Clean windows, refrigerators, fans, air-conditioners, lighting fixtures, as needed or scheduled. Wash carpets, as needed or scheduled.
- Provide laundry and cooking/kitchen services, as assigned.
- Provide emergency or spot-cleaning assistance if needed or ordered.
- Maintain back-up supplies of water, as needed.
- Help to prepare rooms for meetings and other activities, as assigned.
- Identify and record maintenance issues including but not limited to: plumbing problems, light fixtures, walls , doors and equipment for cleaning.
- Participate in career training and development programs as required or demanded.
- Perform other duties, as needed or requested.
- Notification of any violations of the IRC Sexual Assault and Exploitation Code of Conduct. Reporting of breaches is an responsibility on the part of all members of staff.
Gender: Female Education: Secondary school Experience: 2-3 years’ experience of cleaner or female searcher in INGOs.
How to Apply:
Note: Application received without an correct position description, vacancy number and location will be excluded directly from the process. Interested applicants are requested to submit their applications along with copies of their CVs (NOT Educational and Job Certificates) to the attention of the Human Resources Department at the following address or to e-mail us at (AF-Recruitment@rescue.org). Shortlisted applicants will be approached directly for a written check and then for an interview. If you are not contacted by TWO or FOUR WEEKS after the closing date. Please know that your application for a position has not been approved. Street No.4, House #34, Taimani District 10, near Haji Mohammad Dad Mosque IRC Afghanistan Country Office – Kabul