Integra Construction KZ LLP — Afghanistan Branch, is a subsidiary of « Integra Construction KZ » LLP, which specializes in railroad and highway construction, rehabilitation and maintenance, and transport and logistics infrastructure projects.
Civil Engineer Bridge Engineer plays a technical , organizational, and supervisory role on the project's construction and operations, working on the Railway Project under the engineering team of Integra Construction (InCon) KZ Afghanistan Branch. Together with the project manager, QC / Material Engineer, project engineers , construction managers, foremen, planners, surveyors and subcontractors, the Civil Engineer Bridge Engineer works as part of the site management team.
Key Deliverables / Job Role:
- Responsible for planning, coordination, supervision of technical aspects of Railway and Construction Projects for InCon KZ Afghanistan Branch.
- Perform day-to-day management of the site including coordination with seniors, Design team, Consultants, Contractors, subcontractors, quality surveyors and the general workforce;
- Project day-to-day operations including control and supervision of the project labor force and the work of any subcontractors;
- Create work schedules and adjust as needed to meet project deadlines on site;
- Manage, monitor and interpret the contract design documents supplied by the project design team;
- Verify plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations;
- Oversee the selection and requisition of materials and check on the site measurements and bills, material specification as per the Tender or BOQ;
- Handle all statutory requirements and compliances for the construction and thereafter;
- Set up routine site meetings and create graphic representation of proposed solutions, prepare papers and presentations, compile and report progress on the work;
- Maintain detailed documentation of all Civil engineering activities;
- Resolve any unexpected technical and other difficulties that may arise;
- Planning the work and organizing the site efficiently so as to meet agreed deadlines;
- Supervising on-site quality control, health and safety matters;
- Preparing reports as required;
- Ensuring all materials Used and executed work is as per specifications;
- Interpreting the contract design documents supplied.
- Perform any other duties deemed necessary by the Project Manager/Construction Director.
- Reporting project status through daily, weekly, monthly reports to project manager & construction director.
- Recommend improvements to the procedure and technological architecture to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
- Incorporate environmentally sound and sustainable features into design plans.
- Perform all other roles and obligations relevant to the job which may be delegated by management from time to time.
- Education: University - Bachelors (B.Sc.) degree or higher (preferably in Civil Engineering, Construction and/or Railway or a closely related field) is desirable. Other relevant education, training or work experience are a plus point.
- Minimum of 7 years of Construction and Roadworks related industry experience, with at least 5 years in Civil & Site Engineering positions on Construction and Roadworks/highway projects.
- Proven track record for handling material resources and staff.
- Ability to communicate successfully with both internal and external capital.
- Self-managed, and able to act as part of a team with ease.
- Proficient in Proficient in MS Office applications & CAD software.
- To have outstanding English communication skills in oral and written form.
- Ability to live in remote and harsh environments.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to deliver to set deadlines
- Exemplary critical thinking, analytical, and complex problem-solving skills Active listening and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability in multitasking and prioritizing workload.
- Proven ability in judgment / decision making on a variety of issues within tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Requirements of the Position:
- To be free of all conflicts of interests that could endanger the integrity of the program.
- To have good character and to show moral integrity.
- Knowledge of applicable reference and testing material manuals and specifications governed by FEDIC contracts (World Bank Project Standards), to include DOT, ASTM, and AASHTO standards
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements, Labor laws and related statutory compliances.
- High strength, passion and excellent judgment; a good sense of urgency and ability to act.
- Proven history of honoring commitments; accountability.
- Proven ability to deliver results.
- Proven process enhancement capability; history of driving innovation.
- Being willing to work at an intensive pace and under pressure.
- Wearing and maintaining personal protective equipment (PPE) required
- Frequently exposed to all weather conditions
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel for directing teams on site
- Regularly required to communicate (talk and hear)
- Frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms and stoop, or kneel
- Frequently required to stand/work on feet for long periods, and walking across uneven terrain
- Work done indoors and outdoors; exposure to noise varies from quiet to loud
- Frequent exposure to working with moving machines and equipment
- Frequent exposure to dust, airborne particles
How to Apply:
The interested candidates should submit their Resume (CV), Support Documents, and Tazkira copy by email to: email@example.com Please mention the title of the position in the subject line of your email. All short-listed applicants will be contacted for interview within 2 weeks of the closing date. Unfortunately, InCon can not answer individual inquiries about the job or the status of individual applications if you were not contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date , please assume that your application was not successful. For more information please contact the following numbers: +93 (0) 77-567-0877 | 793505111