About Organization or Project:
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a non-profit, humanitarian, non-governmental organization that works in more than 30 countries worldwide. The DRC adopts a regional approach which unifies our country programs around the Afghan displacement axis in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iran and Tajikistan. This decision is based on the premise that there needs to be a national multi-stakeholder response to the massive displacement problem. The DRC approach is consistent with the UNHCR’s drive for a comprehensive regional-based strategy and ‘ Comprehensive Solutions ‘ (2012-2014). The four country programs aim to follow a national approach to activities whenever possible, including livelihood and security services across borders, and organized emergency preparedness and response planning.
Job Description and Purpose:
The Emergency Officer is part of the Emergency Field Team and he/she is responsible for implementing DRC Afghanistan’s emergency project activities in the field. A key member of the team, Emergency Officer needs to combine her/his experience of emergency Field programming with good needs assessment, distribution of cash and relief items and monitoring capabilities in order to meet the project objectives. The Emergency Officer works under the supervision of the Emergency Team Leader and will directly report to the Emergency Team Leader.
- Program Implementation
Coordinating, leading and conducting rapid needs assessments in the field using HEAT tools
Mapping of protection services actors in his/her area with close coordination of Protection Team.
- Establish good contact and linkages with other humanitarian actors in the field
- Establish a network with key community elders/influential people in the districts to pave the way for humanitarian access
- Beneficiary selection processes
- Coordinating, conducting emergency field distributions (Cash and NFIs)
- Planning and implementation of activities
conducting Rapid Market assessments
- Data collection, both through paper-based and digital forms
- Conducting Post Distribution Monitoring if required line close coordination with MEL Officer.
- Produce basic reports on needs assessments and proposed responses
Travel within and out of the region to support the emergency Field all over the Country
- Willing to travel in hard to reach areas within Farah province and improving humanitarian access in affected areas
- When requested, join a DRC flying team and be ready to be re-allocated for a short period and with short notice, outside the normal area of operation (within the country).
To be successful in this role, you must have:
Experience and technical competencies:
At least 3 years’ experience within humanitarian work, prior experience, IDP or natural disasters responses is desirable
At least 1 years experience in engagement with community
High Scool Graduate (essential)
Bachelor on social sciences
Excellent spoken and written Dari and Pashto
Good command on English
DRC will offer the successful applicant a contract till the end of 2020.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with DRC salary scale
How to Apply:
Interested? Then apply for this position, all applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) by clicking on the following link https://candidate.hr-manager.net/ApplicationInit.aspx?cid=1036&ProjectId=158773&uiculture=en&MediaId=5. Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
Applications close 10 April 2020. Female are highly encouraged to apply.