Taxation ManagerFull Time
About Organization / Project:
Kakar Advocates LLC is based in Kabul, Afghanistan, with U.S. and Afghan licensed attorneys on staff. The firm also is associated with DLA Piper, one of the largest law firms in the world. Kakar Advocates provides a full-service offering to its clients including legal services, development and business consultancy services, financial management services, and capacity training. More information about the firm is available at www.KakarAdvocates.com.
Kakar Advocates seeks to hire a full-time Taxation Manager to manage firm’s client cases. The applicant must hold at least a Masters Degree in Economics or Finance related fields. Any further qualifications and certificates will be considered as a plus point. The applicant must have at least 3 years of relevant experience in taxation in Afghanistan and a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of Afghan Laws in particular Afghan Taxation laws, amendments, procedures, and operating entities in Afghanistan.
- Review and ensure that the forms and reports generated by the Taxation employees are accurate especially the reports relating to taxes.
- Coordinate with LTO, MTO and STO authorities regarding taxation implications for the assignments of the clients.
- Look after that the assignments for company’s’ registration, license renewal, closure, share transfer, officer change etc are processed smooth and timely.
- Monitor the process for visa (invitation, obtaining, extension, cancellation, exit etc) on regular basis.
- Oversee that client’s assignment for work permit issuance, renewal or cancellation is processed timely.
- Coordinate with internal auditors, external auditors and MoF inspection team for streamlining the process of audit/inspection for timely and smooth completion of audit/inspection work.
- Conduct meeting with clients and/or relevant governmental authorities for discussing issues/queries or ambiguities regarding the presented taxation cases.
- Correspondence with the taxation authorities on queries arising from taxation implications.
- Help departmental staff with the preparation of necessary documents for periodical tax clearance, filing of AITR, exemptions, imposed penalties, and other issues of the clients.
- Keep frequent correspondence with the existing clients regarding progress in their cases and any query from the side of taxation authorities.
- Help in business development activities pertaining to growth in client base for the taxation service of the firm.
- Conduct periodical meetings with the team for progresses, issues, problems etc and assign specific tasks to the individual members of the team.
- Follow-up on the given deadlines to the team members.
- Formulate the annual goals/objectives for the Taxation department in consultation with Admin dept and senior management.
- Provide weekly progress report to the Admin dept as per the specific template.
- Provide regular coaching/training to the team members for their capacity building/improving skills.
- Write and submit updates/contents on new or amended regulations pertaining to the department’s activities and to be published on company’s website and/or Legal Highlights.
- Other job-related tasks as assigned by the management.
How to Apply:
Please note the following when applying:
• Mention position title on the subject of the email;
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.