Project Manager – Livestock, Agriculture or IrrigationFull Time
General Position Summary
The Project Manager is responsible for managing all project activities in accordance with the proposal, budget and deliverable. S/he ensures effective systems that support a successful and efficient completion of the project through robust and integrated functions of local team members. S/he is highly qualified in management skills, maintenance of Cereal Crops Production, improve high value crops through vertical horticulture, enhance animal husbandry and fodder crop production, sustain poultry farming and support and rehabilitate irrigation infrastructure. The project manager is responsible for design/planning, implementation, monitoring/follow up, learning, team building, communication and the likes. This position requires traveling to all targeted districts and project sites.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To implement all project activities based on the contract with our main contractor (UNODC).
- To follow scope of work, work plan and milestone based on the proposal.
- To manage all activities in the best efficient way with the project team on the priority and time consideration.
- To be part of the recruitment process and team building for the staff of the project.
- To represent project and DCA in the meeting with Project main donor.
- To represent project in the relevant partners and stakeholders’ meetings and correspondences.
- Project manager has to travel to the target districts frequently to supervise and instruct field work and field staff.
- Project manager has to review the project budget expenditure on monthly bases and follow the right track of budget expenditure.
- Project manager should specify the lines and codes based on the charts of account of the project and sign all administrative and financial documents.
- Ensure increased ownership of the project activities by a better community participation
- Coordinate the activities of the different organizations in the province to avoid duplication of the activities and to increase the sustainability as far as possible
- Based on the protocol PM will report to the Program Director and the donor
- Project manager will attend DCA program team meeting and senior management team meeting.
- Ensure uniform administrative procedures/guidelines in line with DCA policy
- Ensure information flow and proper feedbacks system among the staff
- Project manager will make field visit plan for other staff based on need.
- Follow clear and channeled communication.
- Coordination with public sector relevant departments in the province
- Orientation of all project staff on objectives, targets, activities, work plan and milestones.
- Veterinarian, Agricultural Irrigation, Animal Science, Rural Development, Agribusiness or Agro economics graduates. Master’s degree is preferred.
- At least five years’ experience in a similar field or as a project manager with knowledge and skill of project management
- High-quality communication and correspondence skills
- Team building and team spirit
- High quality of reporting skills
How to Apply:
Send a copy of your CV along with a cover letter indicating the position title and vacancy # which you are applying for in the subject line of your email, and explain how your experience and competencies fit for the job through the following address.
Applications after the closing date will not be accepted.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.