Awareness supervisor/Project Officer (Only Female)Full Time
About Organization / Project:
The Awareness supervisor/Project Officer is a position with overall leadership and management role on the project, under the direct steer and line management of the Project Manager, and working closely with project partners and project team. She is responsible for managing, directing, and supporting awareness officers and for all communication and networking with project partners and stakeholders working in similar fields.
More specifically the Awareness supervisor / Project Officer responsibilities are addressed but not limited to the below sections:
Awareness and Communication
- Design and develop awareness tools for awareness-raising of targeted communities, stakeholders, and institutions;
- Design awareness campaign according to project scope and means;
- Draft and develop action plans for awareness officers in coordination with other teams and project manager
- Manage the awareness team and ensure their work is delivered on time.
- Follow up and train the Awareness Officers on how to communicate with the public and raise awareness.
- Organize and lead all awareness events (workshops, meetings, training and ceremonies, conferences, and field visits);
- Inventory and follow up of all awareness tools, docs, and files;
- Follow up and support the awareness sessions and training to communities about energy saving solutions;
- Follow up and regularly update of awareness database, record all awareness events, participants
- Support project manager on project implementation, efficient use of project resources;
- Follow up, and adapt project strategy and action plans, in conformity with the project LFA and proposal;
- Ensures good and regular implementation of project activities, in line with the consolidated project document, the logical framework, and yearly defined action plans;
- The support project team for design, updating, and implementing their weekly, monthly … action plans.
- Receive all section (including project partners) reports, consolidate and submit to line manager.
- In charge of reporting to line agencies;
- In charge of organizing regular project meetings, steering committee meetings, and workshops,
- Conducts regular field visits to check the quality of project implementation;
- Managing institutional relations with line agency and all other relevant institutions in Kabul and Badakhshan;
- Responsible for extensive documentation of the project activities, outcomes, and results as well as writing periodic reports internally as well as for the donors;
- Follow up purchase, procurement with the project team and project partners, make sure all rules are respected and applied;
- Receive all purchase documents from project partners check, review and compare with IOFs and submit to Gere’s finance department;
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Prepare, update, and follow up action plans/work plans for her team.
- The awareness team leader “project officer” ensures that the awareness officers under her supervision respect the proper implementation of the M&E system.
- To regularly monitor the ongoing activities in the project targeted areas.
- Collect, review, combine and consolidate the reports from awareness officers.
- Support PM on the report to the donor, progress report, and other activity or event reports (provide needed data, photos of activities or events and etc.)
- Provide a visit or meeting report whenever she attends any event or be part of it.
- Receive reports from project partners, review, consolidate them and send to PM or other related departments.
- Follow up internal orders, forms (IOFs) with PM, make sure all the purchases of Geres and partners are done according to the Geres financial procedure and GIZ guidelines.
- Consolidate the reports and make project progress reports according to the given timeline and formats.
- For easy access to houses, awareness team are recruited of only female candidates;
- The Awareness supervisor/Project Officer is requested to be flexible for any other responsibilities not mentioned above and be assigned by the project manager for smooth and better implementation of project activities and according to organization/project needs.
- University degree + at least 3 year experience in management, sociology, economics, or any other relevant area; (Undergraduate applicants will be preferred too if they meet the work experience/criteria) for the position.
- Master degree + minimum one year experience in management, sociology, economics, business development, or any other relevant area;
- At least 1-5 years of related experience with NGOs on development projects, minimum 1 years experience in management positions and awareness and communications;
- Knowledge of Project Cycle Management, awareness, and communication
- Ability and experience of working with a team;
- Experience in community-based intervention and ability to deal with different publics;
- Must be fluent in Dari and Pashto will be an asset.
- Fluent to speak and write in English.
- Very good skills in representation, presentation, and speech in public.
- IT skills with excellent knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook, and Emailing.
- Very strong reporting skills in English and synthesis abilities.
- Sense of autonomy and personal organization.
Knowledge of environmental and energy issues will be an asset.
How to Apply:
- The application must include the CV/résumé (not exceeding more than three pages) and a cover letter maximum of 500 words, clearly explaining their interest, eligibility, and reasons for applying.
- Only electronic applications will be accepted.
- The applicant must send an email with the subject of; Awareness supervisor /Project Officer
- Only applications meeting the requirements will be contacted for a written test or/and an interview
- Necessary documents will be asked later
- The application must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org , putting in cc email@example.com
Only female qualified candidates are encouraged to apply
Uncompleted applications will not be reviewed, and only short-listed candidates will be contacted between 2-4 weeks after the deadline.