Operations ClerkFull Time
About Organization / Project:
II. Organizational Context and Scope
Working with the Afghan Administration and host governments around the world, IOM assists the voluntary return of Afghans through its network of offices in those countries, by providing Return, Reception and Reintegration assistance through its Return, Reintegration and Resettlement Programme (RRR).
Under the overall supervision of the RRR National Program Manager and under the direct supervision of the National Program Officer and with close coordination with the Operations Assistant, the successful candidate will carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
III. Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Assist the Operations Assistant in daily operational activities, duty may include contacting applicants, collecting/verifying travel documents etc.
• Collect domestic commercial airlines flight details and fares from different service providers to book ticket for staff, external govt. officials and beneficiaries.
• Do booking with UN air service providers for staff, external govt. officials and beneficiaries.
• Share the flight details & fares with the requester and further follow up the requests until ticket issuance.
• If required, follow up/tracking the bookings after official hours/weekends and on holidays.
• Post ticket details to iGATOR system and track the ticket (for instance: cancellation/rebooking) until final status in the system
• Settle and follow up the payments of all service providers with finance unit at the end of each month.
• Follow up with every requester for approved TA, LOI and IDs.
• Ensure to keep passengers updated regarding changes/cancellation of flight, etc
• Responsible to check that all document from requesters are accurate and complete.
• Ensure data protection as per IOM’s data protection policy.
• Ensure all files related to operational activities are kept up to date
• Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Program Manager/Program officer
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
Integrity and transparency maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Note: Appointment is subject to funding availability.
Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communicational skills; personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility and conflict handler.
Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from different cultures and professional backgrounds.
Able to work under pressure and meeting deadlines
V. Education and Experience:
University degree in business administration, sociology or any other relevant field.
Up to three years’ experience in a similar position.
Email writing and usage of MS office software package (word, excel, outlook, etc) and familiarity with travel movement software
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are invited to send curriculum vitae by the following e-mail address:
email@example.com and by Close of Business (CoB) 17 May 2021 latest, referring to this advertisement quoting the above vacancy notice number. Candidates holding an IOM contract, please update your information in your IOM SAP account, and submit that with your curriculum vitae to the mentioned email address, applicants who failed to do so will not be considered. We do not accept hard copies.
To create IOM PHF, please refer below:
IOM Staff inside IOM network, please update your information in your IOM SAP account, please print and sent that to the mentioned email address along with your CV.
External candidate with no account yet in the IOM website, Click here to create your account.
External candidate and already have an account, Click here
IOM Staff outside IOM network, Click here
Campaigning for a candidate can be grounds for disqualification.