Nutrition ManagerFull Time
Working as an important member of a team who are committed to serve the world’s most vulnerable with practical and compassionate care. The Nutrition Manager has a vital role to play in improving the overall nutrition situation of the target population. The Nutrition Manager is responsible to implement quality nutrition services through Mobile Health and Nutrition teams and contributing to the effective management of the assigned nutrition projects in line with the objectives, budget and time frame laid down in the proposals. The role also includes enhancing beneficiary participation, managing and training local staff, integrating nutritional assessments and treatment in existing health care programmes and planning. Represent Medair at relevant local level coordination meetings involving local authorities, UN agencies and other NGOs
• Medair’s Health and Nutrition project in Uruzgan Province is designed to increase access to life saving PHC and nutrition services for underserved communities, through integrated mobile health and nutrition teams (MHNT). This includes, treatment of most common causes of morbidity and mortality, management of acute malnutrition in children under 5 years and pregnant and lactating women, RMNCH, increasing access to routine immunisations, treatment of communicable disease and PSS. The programme also addresses some key determinants of ill health and malnutrition through promotion of improved Maternal Infant and Child Nutrition (MIYCN) practices and health and hygiene behaviours linked to unnecessary deaths amongst vulnerable populations. The Health and Nutrition Project is in Tirinkot District of Uruzgan Province.
• Share the responsibility for the planning, implementation, management, supervision, and support of the assigned nutrition project(s) in line with the activity plan and time frame of the relevant project proposal
• Ensure activities are implemented in line with applicable national and international guidelines (IMAM, IMNCI)
• Ensure that regular monitoring and evaluation activities (data collection, collation, and dissemination) are conducted against project objectives, and reports submitted to the relevant field managers to meet the requirements and deadlines set by Medair and/or external partners
• Provide input into the integration of beneficiary participation and accountability in all aspects of the project
• Provide input into new nutrition project proposals
• Technical support of the NUT team in managing the severe cases who need to be referred to IPD
• Manage and oversee assigned staff in the MHNT, including recruitment, day-to-day management, development and training, appraisals, disciplinary action, etc. according to Medair guidelines.
• Facilitate regular team meetings with the MHNT, reviewing team and individual objectives, ensuring team members are kept informed of issues relevant to their work and providing an opportunity for feedback
• Ensure the assigned staff in the MHNT receive relevant and appropriate supervision, coaching, mentoring and training in order to develop their personal and professional skills, knowledge and understanding. This may be through on-the-job training and taught sessions and may also involve nutrition training and supervision of nutrition outreach workers and other staff in health facilities
• Promote the health and security of the MHNT by ensuring the application of security guidelines, health and safety in the workplace, including implementation of required COVID-19 IPC measures.
• Under guidance of Health and Nutrition Project manager, contribute to the planning, construction and management of nutrition budgets for the assigned projects.
• Coordinate and oversee petty cash requirements of the assigned projects, ensuring all required paperwork is completed accurately and in a timely manner
Communication and Coordination
• Develop and maintain appropriate, regular, transparent and supportive communication structures with the assigned nutrition team, Medair in-country nutrition managers and advisors and other relevant stakeholders (e.g., beneficiaries, community leaders, local and national government officials, UN agencies and other NGOs)
• Represent Medair at relevant local level coordination meetings involving local authorities, UN agencies and other NGOs
• Manage the correct and timely tracking of all required nutrition commodities (RUTF, RUSF, Super Cereal), nutrition supplies and equipment for the MHNT and community nutrition activities
• Ensure minimum stocks are maintained, nutrition supplies are stored in line with Medair stock management guidelines and distributed according to IMAM guidelines.
• Ensure internal and external nutrition stock reports are submitted on time to HNPM
• Implement, as far as is possible within operational constraints, relevant policies and standards relating to nutrition service delivery including, national requirements and donor guidelines
• Participate as requested in Medair internal workshops and distance learning sessions to keep up with changing trends, new guidelines and best practices
• Higher level qualification, preferably in Nutrition, Dietetics, Public Health, PhD or in other relevant field such as Nursing/Midwifery, Community Health with extensive experience on Nutrition programming
• 2 years post-qualification professional experience in a relevant field
• Fluent in Pashto
• Fluent in written & spoken English
• Computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should forward their http://form.123formbuilder.com/5325307/form
by not later than 15th May 2021
For technical questions only, please message email@example.com
“Medair is committed to safeguarding the protection of beneficiaries, volunteers, staff and partners, and particularly children. Therefore, we do not employ staff whose background we understand to be unsuitable for working with children. Medair staffs are required to give the utmost respect to, and comply with, Medair’s accountability policies and best practices”
Please note that Medair will accept paper CVs only at Trin-Kot Office.
Note: This vacancy shall remain open until the position gets filed!