Procurement ManagerFull Time
The Procurement department in the American University of Afghanistan is seeking to hire a qualified Procurement Manager to coordinate the daily operation of procurement office in a timely and professional manner. The Procurement Manager should have enough experience and knowledge of the market to be able to carry out below mentioned duties and responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Procurement Manager duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• As assigned by the Procurement Director will manage higher level Contracts in addition to directing the activities of the Procurement Staff consisting of Contracting Officer/s Procurement Officers and Procurement Interns.
• Coordinates the over-all activities of the Procurement Department for procuring goods and services based on approved PRFs with the requesting departments. The requested items may be raw materials equipment tools parts supplies advertising. The reviews and acceptance of procurement requisitions will be in accordance with the AUAF Procurement Policy Standard Operating Instructions and/or directed by the Procurement Director.
• Review approves and assigns to the Procurement Staff PRFs. Reviews Purchase Orders and Subcontracts resolves 1) complex issues on Statements of Work 2) monitor performance 3) and negotiates complex Purchase Order/Subcontracts as required.
• Oversees coordinates or conduct sourcing activities in accordance with established policies and procedures to meet AUAF’s needs and participate in negotiations to establish and review supply arrangements that will deliver value based on cost and budget.
• Oversees reviews and manages sources or source list to ascertain that they are solicited according to the AUAF Procurement Policies and Procedures and if applicable according to Donor Regulations.
• Reviews oversees and approves bid quotations negotiates higher level complex Purchase Orders and Subcontracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority completed by Procurement Staff.
• Reviews and oversee the procurement records’ management in both hard and computerized copy
• Ensure or keep update the Procurement Tracker on timely basis and provide Procurement Status to Procurement Director and AUAF Management based on a transactional basis (Solicitation Issuance of Purchase Order and Close-Out).
• Discusses negotiates and resolves complex or difficult issues with requestor and/or vendor regarding any defective or unacceptable goods or services based on inspection and/or quality control personnel users vendors and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
• Oversee and manages the establishment the Procurement Office a list of qualified vendors who are willing and capable of providing quality products in competitive price.
• Ensures that procurement records and reports are generated as required are recorded as necessary on procurement activity to meet organizational compliance requirements; and provide data to AUAF Management of procurement information as needed.
• Comply and ensure the Procurement Staff’s compliance with AUAF Procurement Policy and purchasing procedures in the day to day procurement activities.
• Oversees manages and ensures the Procurement Office processes the Goods Receipt Notes and vendor’s invoices in a timely manner; and that they are properly executed as part of completed procurement records when sent to the Finance Office payment
• Ensures that transparency and integrity of the work conducted by the Procurement Staff is according to the AUAF Policy is fully maintained in day to day procurement activities.
• Guide and manage the Technical Evaluation Teams
• Performs additional duties as assigned by Director
• Bachelor’s Degree
• At least 5 years of experience in the related field
• Is Detail Orientated
• Understand and performs Time Management
• Good Judgment and Decision Making
• Flexible and Adaptable
• Good Communication Skills
• Willing to learn and follow AUAF Policies and Procedures
How to Apply:
To apply, please send as a single PDF document: a cover letter, curriculum vitae (CV) and contact information for three references to email@example.com Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please, include AF-N-76-2021- Procurement Manager in the subject line of the email, otherwise, the application will not be considered. Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed. Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. A written test or example of work may be used as a form of screening.
If shortlisted, the applicant is expected to provide official proof of academic degrees (transcripts sent from the degree-granting school directly to AUAF).
AUAF does not charge recruitment fees to applicants.
AUAF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. AUAF follows a strict non-discriminatory policy in its selection and employment practices. All applicants will receive equal consideration and applicants from all ethnic, religious and economic backgrounds are encouraged to apply.